Who else LOVES chipotle

Options
I’m obsessed, it’s so easy to customize what you want and it’s great for a post workout meal. My favorite is a burrito bowl with carnitas, Barbacoa, rice, lettuce, veggies and cheese

Replies

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It works in a pinch though not my go-to. The last time I went I got veggies with chicken and guacamole. For some reason, the food there bothers my stomach. I think it's the amount of volume and it's too much for me to eat at once.

However, I know a lot of people who love it and they do offer good options.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I do!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Bowl: No rice, black beans, double chicken, corn, hot salsa, cheese

Do not eat before bed unless you want to be late for work the next day.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It's alright, it'll do if there aren't any other better sounding options. When I was losing weight, I would order a bowl, eat half with 1 oz of chips and it was 588 calories. (Steak, pinto beans, white rice, pico, corn, cheese, sour cream, guac on the side)
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    When my last job dictated that I was traveling 85%+ Chipotle became my go-to. I'd pick my hotel based on being close to one and it kept me from wandering to more calorie-laden options and it wasn't uncommon for me to get it 3-4 nights in-a-row. Still love it, just don't go there as frequently.

Standard order:
    Bowl or Salad (no dressing on the salad, absolute calorie bomb)
    double chicken
    fajita veggies
    mild & medium salsa
    guac
    cheese (depending on calories/macros remaining)

Being able to get extra veggies and salsa at no charge is gold if you're hungry. I think beans fall into that category as well but I don't do beans.
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, me. Giving up the chips has been hard but this is my order:
    Burrito bowl with white rice, both beans, veggies and sofritas. Occasionally I will splurge and get a sprinkling of cheese!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    There aren't any Chipotles in my area. We have Qdoba, which I have trouble with. I can certainly get something that fits into my calories, which is nice and better than other restaurants, but I prefer what I make at home because it's easier to adjust the portions to my tastes. I'm kind of picky, so I would probably say the same for most restaurants, haha.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    orngnerdz wrote: »
    Oh my god, me. Giving up the chips has been hard but this is my order:
    Burrito bowl with white rice, both beans, veggies and sofritas. Occasionally I will splurge and get a sprinkling of cheese!

This is nearly what I do. Mostly the salad, no cheese or sour cream. It's actually not that high of calorie without the cheese/sour cream on it. I do love their salad dressing (like 275 calories, but I'm in maintenance, so I do splurge on that but still skip the cheese/sour cream).
  • showjack70
    showjack70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is my default lunch spot :p:p:p:p
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Chipotle and Cava Mezza Grill are my current quick favorites.

I do a burrito bowl, double rice, double fajita, steak or chicken, medium salsa, corn and guac.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Ah, the good old days when I used to work near a Chipotles...

When we had Mandatory Saturdays, our employer would buy us lunch. We'd spend so much time thinking about lunch, eating lunch, and being in a food coma afterwards that there really wasn't any point in making us come in.
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle. I usually bounce between chicken, carnitas, and sofritas. Add veggies, cheese, medium salsa, lettuce, and sour cream. Guac if I’m feeling expensive. One bowl usually lasts me 2-3 meals if I listen to how hungry I am rather than “OMG YUM MUST SHOVEL INTI FACE”
  • mnbell2013
    mnbell2013 Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Our town has Chipotle and Qdoba and I love them both. I usually get a salad, no shell, with double steak, half/half beans, half/half rice, shredded cheese, mild and corn salsas, and a squirt of sour cream. Or I'll do a kids salad (same ingredients) and get the side of tortilla soup with chicken. Not overly calorie-conscious but I tend to save a lot of my calories for dinner time.

When I started trying to eat better I began ordering it without the shell and without queso. I don't miss either like I thought I would.
  • clstx1
    clstx1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Frequent flyer :)
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Love it! I get a bowl with chicken, brown rice, sour cream, corn salsa, lettuce & guac on the side. If I'm feeling wild and don't care about calories I'll get an order of chips.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Ok for fast food, but living in New Mexico, it's far from my first choice.