Did you mean ____________?

Options
Do any of you find it amusing (as I do) when you're trying to search for a new food item to log in your diary.
You type, for example, "Banana Bob's Pops" and [No Results Found] shows up. BUT! Hooray! There's this helpful little suggestion at the top that asks you, "Did you mean Billy Bob's Banana Bomb?" You're thinking, "Maybe I did. After all, the wrapper's all the way in there. Surely the database knows better than I" So you click on it, only to find [No Results Found] popping up there again. Then the data base says, in its sugary sweet, southern customer service voice, "Sorry Darlin' We sure don't have that either".

Or is it just me?

Replies

• CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    Hahahaha love it! And sometimes the suggestions are just so strange, you're like, "what kind of algorithm is making these suggestions?" they never make sense! And they're never in the database!
  • karenx30
    karenx30 Posts: 90
    Options
    Guess its just you and me caroseH
  • Sharonsimon
    Sharonsimon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    same as thought it was my bad spelling at the start but happens all the time
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I can't find Trader Joes items at times and it tells me "Did you mean Trodder Jus?". Im thinking... is that French?
  • rairye
    rairye Posts: 27
    Options
    i you hathe phne app.. try using the barcode scanner.. I love it!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I can't find Trader Joes items at times and it tells me "Did you mean Trodder Jus?". Im thinking... is that French?

I shop at Trodder Jus all the time. It's must be a regional thing. :laugh: :laugh:
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options

I think the MFP Food Database suggested new wording for the above poster. haha
  • karenx30
    karenx30 Posts: 90
    Options

I think the MFP Food Database suggested new wording for the above poster. haha

LOL!! Did you mean: If thou haveth phenominal apples? [No Result Found] "Sorry Sugar, We sure don't have those either"