Healthy eating and bloating

So, since I decided I would eat healthier I have noticed that my clothes are a lot tighter. I am afraid to weigh myself, but I could hardly button my "fat pants" today. I feel SO bloated and gassy. I know some of the foods I am eating are generally gas-producing, but I was wondering if this is something that my system will just get used to? Anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• vass78
    vass78 Posts: 29 Member
    Also, I would add that I have experienced a lot of pain in my gut as well. I
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Try probiotics....
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    That is happening to me as well. I think that it is the change in diet and is something our bodies will eventually adjust to. Even on the days where I feel like I must have gained, I haven't, so now I am just waiting for my body to catch up. :)
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Also, many healthy foods contain lots of sodium which will make you bloat. Try to watch the sodium intake.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    It varies from person to person. It might be the greens/onion. My mom's stomach is pretty sensitive to those. Raw onions and certain types of lettuce can give her bad gas/bloating. Watch what you eat and what ingredients are in sandwiches, soups, etc. See if you can't find a common denominator that's setting you off.
  • britiju
    britiju Posts: 1
    It took me about two weeks to feel less bloated. I think it is just a normal thing to go through, it was for me anyway
  • It sounds like you are having digesting problems. Try mylanta. Some veggies can be hard on your gut, especially green ones. I would go to the doctor if it persists. There are meds they can give you to help with your stomach and colon. :wink:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Okay it looks like you just started logging 2 days ago. You're going over on your calories, your carbs and you're eating right at your sodium without drinking much water and there's no exercise logged. If you want it to work you have to follow what it's telling you to do. It's hard work. Sometimes you won't want to do it. Sometimes you'll fight and fight and you won't see the result that you want.

In the end, it's worth it. Do what you're supposed to and quit doing what you want if you want to see results.
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Never went away for me.. I just started on probiotics and a plant-based pill called Digest-All. It's gotten good reviews so hopefully it works!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    Agree. I had troubles and started eating a probiotic yoghurt a day - all ok now! Good luck x
  • shelbywagoner
    shelbywagoner Posts: 1 Member
    I was experiencing this same bloating feeling the first week as well. I would get little stomach pains and it just seemed upset. It's just your body trying to purge the toxins that were being suppressed by all thebad food. After a week i started to adjust and not feel so bad. This is a common problem during body detox.
  • water, water, water, and really pay close attention to the sodium content of your food. stay clear of salt and preservatives and eat only fresh or frozen ( NOT prepackaged meals). sometimes adding a lot of fiber content to you daily diet can put stress on your digestive system (remember your body has been living on junk food) , so i suggest adding fiber slowly, especially if you have the bloating issues, and lots of water. if you think you are drinking enough water daily, drink more :happy: water is really the only liquid our body needs to function properly. and make sure you are having two bowel movements per day, one at the very least, this will help greatly with the bloating. it is going to be trial and error with your diet to see what makes the bloating better or worse. and also exercise on a regular basis, even if its only walking for 30mins daily, when you get up and move gravity naturally helps with the normal digestive process. good luck and i hope some of what i have said will help you :happy: