75+ lbs to lose and looking for friends

Options
dawnm92
dawnm92 Posts: 56 Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm 5'4" and 233 and could stand to lose 75 or more pounds, but am finding it very difficult even on 1600 calories a day with vigorous exercise. BMR should be close to 1800.

I have been using MFP for a couple of months but would love to make more friends here, particularly anyone with quite a bit of weight to lose, so that we can encourage and support each other on this journey!

Replies

• dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi there, sending friend request now, I have 80lb still left to loose, let's support each other on our lifestyle change :happy:
  • amandakoorime
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm 5'3" and 275. I want to be 130-140.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    5'2" and 225. I started MFP 6/10 (again)! I feel your pain! Feel free to friend me! I posted this 20 days ago...

Out of the last 29 days I have gone over 20 times by the average of 500 calories. I have been under my calorie goal only 9 days by the average of 200 calories. I have exercised an average of 5 days a week burning the average of 300 calories a day.

I was going over my food diary for the last month and saw how many times I went over my calorie goal. I was starting to get really down and getting discouraged. SOOOOO, being the dork I am I got a pen, paper, and calculator. Then averaged all out my calories. Then I did the same for my exercise. That made me feel better!

My ultimate goal is to exercise 30 a day 7 days a week burning an average of 500 calories. I would love to learn to live on the average of 1300 + exercise calories, an average of 1800 calories a day.

So if I look at my ultimate goal and my last month I feel pretty damn good. Because I came from exercising 0 minutes 7 days a week and living on fast food and diet soda! If I compare the two, I am not that far from my ultimate goal. Really all I need to do is exercise more and that will even out my average calorie overages!!!

For the last month I have averaged 1800 colories a day, exercised 5 out of 7 days for 20 minutes, burinig 300 colories. Soooo, 2 more days a week of exercise for 10 more minutes and I am there!!!! I am doing pretty damn good for just 50 days in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am currently 99.8kg, looking to go down to 63.5kg.
  • mrmurfman
    Options
    you can add me too. welcome!
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100lbs, feel free to add me.
    I can help.
  • YoungGma29
    Options
    I am right there with you. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am on 1200 to 1300 calories a day. It can be very tough to get used to. I eat lots of veggies and I weigh my meats. Getting used to a REAL portion is the toughest. I found I must fix my own meals - no eating out. And I have to stay away from pasta and bread - they just make me hungrier. Snacks are a minimum and must be fruit or fiber one yogurt. It has been 2 1/2 months and I have lost 14 lbs so far. Sticking with it is the absolute hardest, but I don't want to die young and I want to be able to DO things like other people. So I am trying to stay focused on those goals.
  • jms57
    jms57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Vikster68
    Options
    I would love for you to add me. I, too, have just started this journey and have anywhere from 75 to 100 pounds to lose. It would be nice to have some friends for support!
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. This has been a wonderful site as far as inspiration and motivation. Hang in there honey!!
  • dawnm92
    dawnm92 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies. I appreciate each and every one of you for taking the time to reply and reach out!

I hope that we can all learn a lot and help each other along the way. If we pool our knowledge and experience and help keep each other on track, I know that we can ALL lose a ton of weight and gain better health in the process!
  • OperaGurl04
    Options
    You can add me as well!

I'm 5'7" & currently at 264. I just started my diet on 6/9/11 & have lost 30 pounds so far!
    But I just signed up for MFP yesterday so I'm brand-spankin'-new.

I've been doing walks at night - in the disgusting heat - and trying to go to the gym 3-4/days week for at least an hour in the mornings.

My goal is probably not too realistic, because I would like to be down to 130-140 by March (before my birthday at the end of the month.) But I'm definitely going to try! And I'll be happy if I get close!
  • christinakaye76
    Options
    Add me .. I am 5ft 5 178 and 35 in a few days . Just joined looking for friends . =)
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I have well over 100 left to lose. So far i have lost over 35 lbs in two months and i think this is a great tool. But it is a tool and you can tweek it to suit your needs better. I usually eat less than MFP thinks i should and i also change up the carbs/proteins/fats. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request now... I am just over 5' and started out with just over 100 to lose too. I lost 35 of that last year... then hit a major plateau and then backslide (gained about 15 back which is not reflected on my profile right now). I'm recommitting and back to lose some more! I know how important it is to have friends on here... especially the ones who won't give up on you when you are ready to give up!
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I too am looking for friends, I have a lot to lose also 60 +, also looking for some from friends that may be around my age (almost 60) ; ) It's not that easy losing @ this age. I welcome any and all that are trying to get healthy!!