No promotion= pity party :(

Options
I hate days like this... I've been at my job for awhile and only gotten one promotion. I've been held back for lack of education in my field. I'm going back to school as soon as we can afford it.

I saying this to say.... I want to eat anything and everything in site! Its hard for me to control my emotions right now... I'm just going to go to sleep before I do too much damage. Thanks for listening.

*I'm grateful to be employed however, I'm feeling some kind of way "/

I meant pitty, lol

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that this happened to you :flowerforyou:
  • bmmarti3
    bmmarti3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cheers!

Three years experience in my field making less than Forbes and CNN says 2010 graduates make!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that's happened, it's hard to be passed over for the person that could afford the poxy piece of paper, but you'll get there it's all a matter of time. Don't beat yourself up and blow your diet over this, or you'll feel twice as bad tomorrow - and you definitely don't deserve to feel that. How about thinking - if I spend money on empty carbs, sugar and salt, then the money I've spent on that junk moves me away from my goal of affording my education? Hope that helps x you will get there, just remember that x
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I hate days like this... I've been at my job for awhile and only gotten one promotion. I've been held back for lack of education in my field. I'm going back to school as soon as we can afford it.

I saying this to say.... I want to eat anything and everything in site! Its hard for me to control my emotions right now... I'm just going to go to sleep before I do too much damage. Thanks for listening.

*I'm grateful to be employed however, I'm feeling some kind of way "/

I meant pitty, lol

You were right the first time. It's pity.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sorry girl, I understand. I work at a hospital that promotes according to credentials and education! It's sad that there are people that do a GREAT job at what I do but can't get the recognition due to where they went to school and/or their credentials. Hang in there...You are working hard to do what you can to get promoted!! Think of something other than food to release your emotions...maybe a bubble bath, doing your nails, movie night, etc!!
    :smile:
  • psgoodman
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean!!! Hang in there!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that...good for you for not eating everything in site. You can do the whole going back to school thing..I did it..and what an accomplishment..

You will do awesome...
  • kevaowens
    Options
    love the fact that your determined not to eat to cope! Keep the faith and your head up, you've got this on lock :-))
  • shan2bthin
    shan2bthin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! It took me a while to be promoted too due to no degree (even though I have 12+ years experience in the field). Keep your head high because you deserve to promote your health and not let work get you down! :) P.S. If you need a sweet treat, break a chocolate graham cracker in half and put 2 tbs. of cool whip in between the two crackers (similar to an ice cream sandwich); freeze for 15 minutes or so and enjoy! Indulgence without all the guilt!
  • 2candoit
    Options
    Ouch! That is painful.. I was once in your position, and it made me mad enough to look for options to improve my situation.After you've rested, check with the college you want to attend and see if you qualify for financial aid So, being passed over ended up being exactly what I needed to get me moving. Take care of yourself.
    Good luck with going back to school.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I work in the Data/Computer Science field so I completely understand. I have a bachelors and 10 years experience now in the field. Been with the company 6 years, certified in exchange, cisco, and several other companies and interviewed for a management position that my boss had vacated to move to another company. They passed me and a couple other really good guys over for a guy that has a doctorate and no experience in the actual field. When we approached the board about it they just felt it would look better on brochures and cards to have a person with his doctorate on it. It hurts, you'll get through this!

We are working on a promotion that no one can take away from us or deny us and that is our health. Looking forward to the day I get my doctorate in belly disappearance!
  • beckyann858
    beckyann858 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :explode: I'm going through the EXACT same thing right now, so I know how you must be feeling. A position opened up at my job and they didn't even bother to interview me all because of that stupid piece of paper! Never mind that I have more seniority, experience, and better performance reviews than everyone they DID interview. Oh, and the people that are currently in this position frequently come to ME with questions! It makes it sooooo tempting to just blow it all and say I deserve a splurge because the world is sh**ting on me! But we can't let them win! We can't control upper managements stupid decisions, but we CAN take control of our own health and well-being. If you hang tough, I will too! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. So I'm going to school one day a week and it will take me about 8 years to get my certificate. I'm currently using vacation time to do it so that's why it's going to take me that long.

In the mean time I look for the jobs that I want in other places in my industry because you never know they may see something in me that my current employer my not! It also makes me feel better about my self when I look through the postings. When I do I keep looking for words to describe my own skills.

If you don't have time for that, then see an expert about redoing your resume. A second opinion can make a difference!

:flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This might make you feel better... My ex boss made a big fuss about giving raises, like he was doing us all a huge favor. The last one I got was about a year and a half before I left, when I'd been there three years, and was for a nickel an hour. :indifferent: A whopping TWO DOLLAR a week raise.

And he wondered why I wasn't happy there?! :laugh:
  • PetraCore
    PetraCore Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I totally understand... and I have been there. Take to heart that you can get through this!
  • IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    You all are my new e-bff! You all help me to snap back into reality. Times like this are a true test in faith and being grateful.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    You all are my new e-bff! You all help me to snap back into reality. Times like this are a true test in faith and being grateful.

I am grateful to have the chance to lose the weight. You will do anything you put your mind to! Good luck on classes coming up. If you need any help in Computers or Science and you are stuck on something let me know. :-) If it's english or anything higher than calc I you will have to/..want to! find someone else though! :-)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I hear ya! It took me a while to be promoted too due to no degree (even though I have 12+ years experience in the field). Keep your head high because you deserve to promote your health and not let work get you down! :) P.S. If you need a sweet treat, break a chocolate graham cracker in half and put 2 tbs. of cool whip in between the two crackers (similar to an ice cream sandwich); freeze for 15 minutes or so and enjoy! Indulgence without all the guilt!
    im going to have to try that