Indian take away

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
What do you get when you get an Indian meal? I am looking for healthier options. I usually only get vegetable side dishes, but they are often swimming in oil.

*disclaimer, before anyone tells me takeaway food is baaaaad, we only get it two to three times a year, so it's not an integral part of my diet, just an occasional thing.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Well you may not like mine.................Yellow curry with chicken and white rice. It has coconut milk in it usually. I like Roti too.
  • vintagefool
    Options
    If it's just a twice or thrice a year occasion, I'd be inclined to say just order whatever looks yummiest and enjoy guilt-free :tongue:

End not-helpful-at-all post
  • dreaasha
    dreaasha Posts: 31
    Options
    Good question. I probably shouldn't worry about it, since it's only once in a blue-but we're going to Indian for my birthday. Still want to make good decisions, though.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Maize, what your people would call corn.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I think she means Indian food from India.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think she means Indian food from India.

Yes. That. You don't get a lot of native American takeaways in Southern England. Though I do have some sweet corn in the vegetable drawer.......
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest problem with tracking my food - I am Indian and eat alot of homemade Indian food, its difficult to track. I know alot of the pre-packaged dinners are actually in the database...i just approximate the calories sometimes if i cannot find the food