new :)

Options
Hello everyone!!

I joined myfitnesspal last week when I downloaded the app on my phone and started tracking everything, but this is my first visit to the website. I'm hoping to make some friends here to keep myself motivated as I don't really have a support system in my family or friends, and that has definitely affected my efforts in the past.

Anyway, I'm 25, in college, and recently unemployed. I'm from the pacific northwest and I love hockey and soccer. I've been wanting to get into shape for years but have put it off and put it off and have just realized that I was gaining about a pound per week, and now I have that much MORE to lose than if I had just started back when I first realized I was getting overweight! Its frustrating to see such a long road ahead to meet my goals, so I know that I need to find some support (and hopefully offer some as well) to stay motivated. Friend requests are welcome, especially if we share some interests :)

Thanks for reading all that :)
-K

Replies

• dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Hi-Hi!

Welcome! This is a great site and I love the phone app too.

You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • BlutAura
    BlutAura Posts: 97
    Options
    Welcome to the site :)
    Love the fact you enjoy the two best sports in the world too! Who are your ice hockey and football (soccer) teams?
  • anewrac
    anewrac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm new and need all the motivation!!
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    welcome <3 I'm in the Pacific Northwest right now myself. Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll find all the support in the world here. :)
  • pippifax
    pippifax Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks everyone! this place is great!
  • pippifax
    pippifax Posts: 13
    Options
    i'm a diehard vancouver canucks fan. words can't describe! for soccer i'm with the timbers (i live in portland afterall)... i've been a season ticket holder for years but we're definitely all enjoying our first season in MLS! how about you?!