Sweating for the wedding 💪🏽👰🏻❤️

Options
Hopping to connect with other brides! Our wedding is early 2019 (!) and I want to look as beautiful as I’ll feel walking down that aisle. 10% BF to lose with plenty of muscle to gain. Eat paleo(ish) and struggle with baked goods 🤪

Replies

• MoreThanYesterday
    Options
    Hey I’m getting married 6 weeks on Saturday ahhhh and I fully regret not starting earlier !!!
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hopping to connect with other brides! Our wedding is early 2019 (!) and I want to look as beautiful as I’ll feel walking down that aisle. 10% BF to lose with plenty of muscle to gain. Eat paleo(ish) and struggle with baked goods 🤪

well, i'm not a bride to be, but i just wanted to say I love the title of this thread! also, I recently acquired a 5 lb kettlebell at Five Below and it's amazing how quick you build muscle with one of those and it's fun!
  • ellenmlove
    ellenmlove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me! My Wedding isn’t until next fall, but I’m hoping to be in great shape by then!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just got married a little over a year ago.
  • chachaah
    chachaah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No way! We're no planning on getting married until next year, but I would love to be able to connect with you and other brides! I think it'd be a great way to stay motivated and hold each other accountable!
  • Liana_Ish
    Liana_Ish Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I’m getting married summer of 2019. 💗 A wedding is the best motivation!
  • MandiK_85
    MandiK_85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m a 2020 Bride! I have 100 pounds total to lose and starting hard today! Would love some more wedding weight loss buddies!!!!
  • lauraeisenman1
    lauraeisenman1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ellenmlove wrote: »
    Me! My Wedding isn’t until next fall, but I’m hoping to be in great shape by then!
    We got this girlfriend!
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in May 2019. I've been mostly focused on re-composition for the past year, but I'm planning to break out the food scale again and get my logging on point so that I can shed a few more pounds.
  • Janelb10
    Janelb10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in May! I need to lose 10-15 pounds and also tone up. Add me! Let's help each other! Also, I'm doing a "Bride getting fit DietBet if you want to join! I can pm you the details if interested.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    its very hard to lose body fat(which needs a deficit) and gain appreciable muscle(surplus) at the same time. you can get some newbie gains if new to lifting,(but it wont be a lot and after time it slacks off),or getting back into lifting. Genetics play a large part too,but its very hard to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time(aside from whats called a recomp which is very very slow). its hard for a woman to gain enough muscle(quickly) due to the lack of excess testosterone especially in a short time,it takes time to build muscle and the conditions have to be right.muscle building isnt going to be fast either.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

well, i'm not a bride to be, but i just wanted to say I love the title of this thread! also, I recently acquired a 5 lb kettlebell at Five Below and it's amazing how quick you build muscle with one of those and it's fun!

muscle building isnt quick and a 5lb kettlebell isnt going to build a lot of muscle if any. thats why most people use a progressive lifting program and heavier weights.
  • siunkelly
    siunkelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 2020 bride...would love to lose 20 lbs! I struggle with my weight.... I think I stress too much and as such are an emotional eater. I am looking for shortcuts about how to get the weight down and stay down and also meal ideas for feeling full and satisfied that don't take much effort or washing up to prepare.