Pre-workouts

Options
So I’m curious on what prework our people would trust over others when starting a healthier life style and drilling weight. I’ve always used C4 and wanted to try women’s best but I can’t find a review to justify that sort of commitment.

Thoughts?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Stretching is a good idea, pre-workout.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    A brisk warm up and healthy meals at regular times with good sleep and other habits. Why would you need anything else?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I use espresso and candy. Works well for me
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the only pre-workout I need
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,368 Member
    Options
    I like breakfast pre-workout, with decent protein and some carbs . . . but I keep it on the lighter side.

For example, before rowing on-water, I have 3/4C kefir, 3/4C hot milk with vanilla, and 30g crunchy peanut butter on an Ezekiel pita. Fewer carbs, and I'm ravenous after rowing. (But before spin class, I eat a Coco Lite pop cake in place of the pita, and do just fine with fewer carbs.) Less protein before either, and I'll have a hard time meeting my daily goal.

Experiment a little, and you'll figure out what you need. I predict it's not as technical as you're thinking.

Best wishes! :)
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I eat some carbs about 45 minutes before exercising and take a caffeine pill.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    None regularly. Plain black coffee if I need an extra boost. Nitro surge from jacked factory if I need a swift kick in the *kitten*.
  • elizabethmcopeland
    Options
    my preworkout routine is:

- black coffee
    - a poptart
    - good stretching of the muscle groups i'm using
    - a positive attitude
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Some water and a warmup but that might just be some warmup sets.
    Before a multi-hour cardio workout I will probably have something carby beforehand.

Never wanted or needed stimulants before exercise.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Big glass of water.

If it's going to be more than 2 hours or so, I'll have something like a small muffin or a piece of toast.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym at 4:30 a.m. and very, very rarely use PWO. I think I've used it twice in the last year. The stuff I use when I do use it is Pre-Kaged.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I like pre-workout drinks depending on what type of workout I am doing for the day. I avoid them on leg day because it will make you feel like you will puke! They will give you a little extra bump on the days you need it and a little extra gas in the tank for one more rep or set. I add it to my BCAA's when I am going on long bike rides. I suggest changing brands every 2-3 months because you will start to build up a tolerance for them and not get the same results from them. Always start at the minimum dosage when trying a new one because some will be overwhelming if you have a low tolerance for caffeine. Everything in moderation of course.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have never used pre-workout but I make sure that I've eaten at least a couple hours before or I will feel really sluggish.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Caffeine, in various forms.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Coffee, and a good warmup before the workout.

Same! Coffee is my pre-everything in the morning, workout or no workout.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a nice pre-workout for me. If I really need an extra boost, I will take 1/2 scoop of BPI 1MR. I never drink coffee and take pre-workout within a few hours of each other. I hate feeling jittery and tingly.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I use the great value (Walmart) energy drink powder mix in water. They sell a variety pack of 20(5 each of grape, strawberry, peach mango, pomegranate lemonade)on the website that can be ordered for pick up at the store without shipping charges.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Coffee, and a good warmup before the workout.

Ditto
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I just bought Ghost this weekend and I LOVE it!! I usually use C4 Ultimate but I am loving the one from Ghost so much better!