Looking for Someone

Options
I’ve been obsessing over food/exercise for over a year and went from over 200 to 122 in less than a year from excessive bicycling and dieting. Now I’m skinny fat, practically muscle-less, and I don’t feel healthy at all. I’ve recently started a high protein diet and noticed a change for sure, but I need to start doing weight lifting, and I’d prefer to start simple on stationary machines. I want a workout buddy but someone who knows a thing or 2 about nutrition and exercise. I search the internet often for help but end up just being more obsessive and it doesn’t feel right. Thanks if you get this far, I live in San Antonio and I have a planet fitness membership, preferably a chick cause I have a boyfriend. I know, high standards🐸

Replies

• imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If you can’t find a workout buddy online, make some at the gym! Someone who you see a few times a week at least.
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You could always consider joining a gym that has trainers to help you get on the right track. My gym has HIIT and strength classes and I've made friends in both that help me stay motivated. Also, by having scheduled times to be there, I end up going 99% of the time. When I had a membership to PF I never went because I always made excuses.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to a gym, hiring a trainer to set up a plan for you and get you on point on your form. Then start lifting and stop obsessing.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have to agree with the previous posts, go to the gym and look around. Ask questions. Read Strong Lifts 5X5 For Women. Watch YouTube videos on form. Get a spotter at the gym.

People at the gym are super nice. :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Maybe what you want is to hire a personal trainer for awhile or get to know people at the gym you frequent.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Wow... woo's for stating beggars can't be choosers.... if you want to choose your help, pay for it, as stated above.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Wow... woo's for stating beggars can't be choosers.... if you want to choose your help, pay for it, as stated above.

That wasn't why you got those woos.

• cmriverside
    Options
    ...or maybe it was. :lol:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

That wasn't why you got those woos.
    I believe it was because 5+ people don't know what woo is supposed to mean.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    ...or maybe it was. :lol:

Is what it is.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Wait... if your boyfriend is weird about you working out with another guy who is a certified personal trainer and trains people for a living, then might I suggest a new boyfriend?

If you'd rather work with a woman because you vibe better with a woman, then that's another thing.

Either way, join a gym and purchase a pack of training from someone who knows what they are doing. Even inexpensive gyms like LA Fitness and Xsport have trainers. Do a little in club research by scoping out the staff before choosing one to work with.