Cooking for One

2»

Replies

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    I don't think cooking for one vs. two has to be all that different, you'll just have a lot more leftovers you'll need to freeze. I was in a similar situation when my husband went to Japan for work, so I took the opportunity to have a little fun myself by cooking things that he doesn't enjoy ( like broccoli!). To make it easier on yourself you could make a weekly menu, that way every night you know what you will be having, and have a game plan. It can be hard to stay motivated when its just yourself, I know I was tempted to just go out every night since I didn't feel like doing all that work for just me... I always prefer to cook for someone I love :) .
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    I would advise cooking like normal. You can freeze and reheat most meals just fine. Basically, you will cut your cooking in half and not have to do much work at all to adjust.

This, absolutely this!

I do most of my cooking on the weekends and often make a double batch of each dish- it's usually just as easy since everything is already out. We eat one meal from what I make that day, then freeze the rest. Lasagna, meatloaf, casseroles and especially soups do really well when frozen. If I have time and want to cook during the week I can quickly make salads, stir frys or eggs. But most of the time I just pull something from the freezer the night before and then just warm it up at dinner time.