Foods for hair and nails?

Options
Hello! I was wondering if anyone out there knew of some healthy foods that would give me healthier hair and nails. Please share with me some examples! Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Gelatin is supposed to be good for hair and nails. I had an aunt that used to drink plain gelatin. She swore by it.
  • antigeist
    Options
    You could try taking a Silica supplement. This is your best bet to get strong bones, nails and hair!
  • wijac10
    wijac10 Posts: 47
    Options
    I would also like to know
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    prenatal vitamins are great for skin/hair/nails.
  • powerballad
    Options
    i take a supplement. it's called one source complete and it has biotin and gelatin... the type is "hair, skin & nails multi." my nails have been growing like mad since i started taking it a few months ago and it's helping with my thinning hair.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    If you're healthy on the inside, you'll be healthy on the outside. When people get sick (like hospital sick), they often end up with weak nails and lose hair. Your body will stop putting energy towards maintaining what it doesn't need to maintain. So, if you are eating healthy, it will be reflected in your hair, skin, and nails. (This is what I used to always tell my clients when I was a hairstylist).

However, I have heard of people having success taking biotin, but I'm not sure if it's for real or just psychological!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Hair and nails require fats/ oils. If you have cut back on fats, that will cause lackluster hair. Eat more protein, too.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Definently prenatal vitamins.
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    I would also like to know

Ditto- I have good hair, but my nails and skin are another story altogether.
  • lizzragland
    Options
    Any food with a lot of vitamin A helps to produce oil to lubricate the hair and scalp, keeping it healthy and shiny. [Carrots, sweet potato, red peppers, spinach, butternut squash, watercress, apricots, mangoes] :smile: