Has any one gotten pregnant on their weight loss journey? Need help adjusting calories

Options
I dont know where to post this. I'm 5'4" 214lbs. I have been eating mfp's suggested calories for my height and weight which comes out to be 1200. I also eat back calories when I exercise. Yesterday I found out I'm pregnant and I need to know how many calories I need to eat for me and baby. I dont want to gain too much weight because of issues with my last pregnancies. With my first I had a seizure and emergency c section from eclampsia and pre-eclampsia with my second.

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    you really should ask a nutritionist the insurance co will pay for it. yours and your babys health depends on the answers you are seeking and lay people are not the right people to be listening to right now. good luck mama and CONGRATULATIONS :)<3:)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    There are so many medical variables involved, this is really info you need to get from either your doctor, or a referral to an RD who specializes in pregnancy. Congrats and best wishes!
  • sharneseconey7376
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    you really should ask a nutritionist the insurance co will pay for it. yours and your babys health depends on the answers you are seeking and lay people are not the right people to be listening to right now. good luck mama and CONGRATULATIONS :)<3:)

Thank you so much. I'll look into it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    With your history of eclampsia and pre-e you'll likely be treated as high risk and monitored carefully. Until you've had a chance to see your doctor for specific guidance, I'd suggest bumping you calories to maintenance and go from there. Congrats!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I did (back in 2013). I actually stopped tracking while I was pregnant. I aimed to continue eating healthy and staying active. I was considered high risk after my first pregnancy ended in a csection at 34 weeks due to pre-eclampsia.

Ask your doctor and maybe get a referral to a dietitian. Both my doctor and dietician actually disliked the idea of counting calories during pregnancy.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Talk to your OB/Gyn. Generally if you are over weight you are advised to lose some fat, you can eat at maintenance and lose a little weight: you are making a person. This way you are getting enough nutrients for a safe pregnancy, but will slowly lose a little bit of excess fat which is also a factor in a healthy pregnancy.