Insurance Weight Loss Program

Options
My husband's insurance company offers a pretty nice weight loss program. It's just counting calories, but when you sign up you get a box of free stuff, including a food scale and a body scale. So I signed up and went to the dashboard and did the standard 2 lb/week. It gave me a calorie goal of 1000. Yikes! I changed it to lose .75 lb/week to bring the calorie goal more in line with what I am eating here but I was really surprised to see them recommend such a low number. Yeah, I am short but 1200 kicks my *kitten*, I can't imagine 1000, haha!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Good on you for realizing that! How many calories do you get now and how many pounds do you want to lose?
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Wow what a great company!
  • colleenmoore2014
    Options
    eatyogarun: My insurance pays for the same kindof system(RA). Talk to your coach thru them and they will help you adjust your calories. I had to do that because my calories came out low too.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    awesome! My company offers a similar program. I'm not sure if they send you scales but they do send you a box with some other goodies and information packets and such.
  • showjack70
    showjack70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The irony of the insurance company offering unhealthy means to get "healthy". Good for you in recognizing the absurd numbers. Don't let them kick your *kitten*!
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    eatyogarun: My insurance pays for the same kindof system(RA). Talk to your coach thru them and they will help you adjust your calories. I had to do that because my calories came out low too.

Is RA = Real Appeal? If so, then yes that's it.
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Good on you for realizing that! How many calories do you get now and how many pounds do you want to lose?

I set my goal here to .5 lb/week which gives me 1600 calories. I know that I will end up losing faster than that tho, ideally I'd like to lose about 70 pounds. 1600 is very close to maintenance at my goal weight too which I like. (I am vertically challenged.)