Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

As was said before

Cold bad.... Warm good
I live in Tampa FL. And am from Boston.
My arthritis is much more manageable down here.

Replies

• MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    Oddly, hot + humidity seems to make mine worse. It's never as bad when I'm in Canada (where I'm from), but down here in Alabama where I live now it's awful.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Some days my favorite part of florida is when I leave the frigid A/C and step outside into my steamroom provided by nature!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Some days my favorite part of florida is when I leave the frigid A/C and step outside into my steamroom provided by nature!

You forgot the part where you then get eaten up by mosquitos!
  • successgal1
    edited September 2018
    FL_Hiker wrote: »

You forgot the part where you then get eaten up by mosquitos!

They aren't out during the day, just dawn and dusk. I have insect repellent cans at every exit of the house.

I'll take the heat over New England winter any day. I made that decision in 1995!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    Last year this time......visited canada as a tour holiday. My joints were screaming because it was a bit chilly.
    Got home to california a warmed up and I was fine. I could not live comfortably in a coooold climate.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Summer is over here in the UK
    Last couple of weeks I've sobbed I'm in so much pain
    My 13 year old had to help me get dressed as my right hand refused to move from fist position
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Another whose arthritis is much better in the cooler temps. So looking forward to winter which is usually completely pain free. I could never live in the South. Our summer heat and humidity here in the Great Lakes region is so bad, I couldn't imagine having to deal with it most of the year.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I live in Canada so warm is relative. ;)
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Same here. My husband and I are both from the Midwest and now live Florida. Our bodies thank us for the move!
  • successgal1
    I was thinking of this thread this morning. Woke up stiff as usual. Got my coffee, went out back to sit in the shade and relax in the heat. It was probably 85 in the shade by then. Just let the heat warm up the stiffness. Ahhhhh!