Intermittent fasting anyone??

Options
Hi all...!!just starting intermittent fasting..16:8 rule! Its my 5th day today!! I could realy use somebody whose down the same road!....or who has used this method to lose the unwanted kgs..!anyone??

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I ate in a 6-8 hour window almost every day for a year. Do you have questions?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I used the method to lose weight. I also ate that way to maintain and gain weight (on purpose).
  • mikeybucs
    mikeybucs Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi there. I've been using 16/8 intermittent fasting for the past year and a half, and it's worked wonderfully. Down about 36 pounds since 01/01/2017. At the age of 43, I currently weigh less than I did when I entered high school nearly three decades ago.

Here's a small bit of advice that might be helpful if you decide to adopt this eating plan over the long term. Get enough soluble/insoluble fiber! My personal definition of "enough" is 60+ grams per day, ideally spread evenly across breakfast, lunch, and dinner (I keep an open public mfp food diary, just in case you're curious about what this looks like in practice). Getting a lot of fiber can be a tricky thing to accomplish, unless, like me, you really, really, really, realllly love Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt and chia seeds.

• zwebb2018
    zwebb2018 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat till 12pm I find it works best to start the day xx
  • ButterWarriorPrincess
    Options
    yes
  • Mercerld
    Mercerld Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Started in January at 265lbs, down to 192. Intermittent fasting is great!
  • hamlin2
    hamlin2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just starting. Fasting about 17 hours per day.
  • TheEtcherSketch
    Options
    I've been off and on with this... It was actually a video I watched with Terry Cruise that got me into intermittent fasting... Going serious about it again, only on day 2 though
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    been doing 16:8 faithfully for over a decade (13 years) if I can help..
  • eshanic17
    eshanic17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jshhs