protein

I'm 155cm nd weigh 55.5 kg how much protein fat nd carb should I be having to maintain the weight but to leaner nd not to bully.
thnx

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You can use the default setup, and I assume you've set your calorie target to maintenance.
  • silv939
    silv939 Posts: 4 Member
    yeh I have but not sure if I should be eating that amount atm it's set at 120g protein 120g carbs nd 50g fat
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    That’s not the default setup. Why have you changed it to that?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    silv939 wrote: »
    yeh I have but not sure if I should be eating that amount atm it's set at 120g protein 120g carbs nd 50g fat

Macro distribution doesn't directly affect weight loss/gain/maintenance. The right balance can help you feel satiated at the right amount of calories, but everyone is different.

I generally see recommended for good health and muscle sparing/repair a minimum of 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of goal body weight, and 0.3g of fat per. You can certainly eat more if you like. As @kommodevaran said, the MFP defaults are fine to start with if you aren't sure.
  • silv939
    someone that sells works in a supps store done the measurements but jus want a second opinion
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    silv939 wrote: »
    someone that sells works in a supps store done the measurements but jus want a second opinion

Are they hoping that you will be buying a load of supplements from them?
    It may be uncharitable of me but there may well be a not very well hidden agenda!
    First ask yourself if you actually need any supplements.

You haven't mentioned any factor that indicates you need a high proportion of protein - do you have a particularly high volume or intensity of exercise?

Remember it's your calories that determine your weight balance, not macros. If you are hoping to get leaner while at maintenance it's your exercise to build muscle that will drive that.

This might help you....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1
  • silv939
    thank you
    no I dont take any protein powders nd I do high intensity 3-4 days a week
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    You could keep some data for a month on that recommendation & see how you feel. Depending on what "high intensity" means to you, you will probably be shedding pounds over time at a daily intake of 1410 calories, and feeling quite hungry on those high intensity days.