High fiber & protein foods / snacks!!! :)

EthanJeremiahsMama
EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone! What are your favorite high fiber / protein snacks -- food? One of my favorites for breakfast & even sometimes dinner LOL is Kashi Go Lean's cereal! So filling with almond milk :) Another favorite is Ezekiel low sodium bread with Trader Joes raw almond butter! Mmm so delicious!

Any recommendations would be helpful! I always ask for opinions when I'm about to stock up on groceries :)

Replies

• dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    I love the Snickers Marathon Protein bars. The peanut butter one is good, but the chocolatey nut crunch is really stupendous.
  • i :heart: kashi go lean w/ some raspberries and chopped up walnut, half cup of almond milk. I also like baby carrots and smoky hummus. A p90x protein bar is always good for a protein snack especially after my workout.
  • lol I do just like you...go lean kashi cereal and unsweeted almond milk..I love it...that sounds crazy but I add stevia sugar and kashi ceral over my cottage chesse for snack ( no milk) sounds nasty but I love it!! if you don't like cottage chesse tried it with greek yorgut instead! apple and peanut butter are good choices too.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Fage 0% greek yogurt with flax or chia seeds, walnuts, agave and something like pumpkin pie spice for flavor.
    I also drink a ton of protein shakes -- which you could easily stir in some fiber stuff if you need.. I don't worry about fiber much.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I like F-Factor Banana Walnut Bars for fiber. I like homemade chicken salad for high protein. I make it and keep in the refrigerator at all times.
  • I like Glutino Berry Sensible Beggings cereal with 1/4 cup blueberries, 1tbsp flax seed meal, and 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk...yummmmmy
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Fage 0% greek yogurt with flax or chia seeds, walnuts, agave and something like pumpkin pie spice for flavor.
    I also drink a ton of protein shakes -- which you could easily stir in some fiber stuff if you need.. I don't worry about fiber much.

Like the pumpkin spice addition... wouldn't have thought of that.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    High in fiber and protein...
    Brown rice, black beans and mix in some sauteed peppers, onion and tomato. I call it La bandera de Mexico.

I am also a fan of fiber one chocolate mocha bars.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Sliced Swiss or mozzarella and a piece of fruit
    Greek yogurt
    Celery sticks and hummus or nut butter
    Almonds
    Amy's Light in Sodium Lentil Vegetable soup (with a sprinkling of Mrs. Dash Caribbean Citrus)
    Cooked beans
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    I just made a new version of tuna salad that has white albacore tuna, dried cranberries, raisins, granny smith apple, red onion, celery, carrots, & reduced fat raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing. It's so delicious & packed with protein & fiber. You can have it for a snack or a meal. I also eat egg white omelets w/veggies. Roasted unsalted soy nuts are yummy too.
  • ladybug11
    ladybug11 Posts: 87 Member
    Two favorites: (1) Granny Smith apples with all-natural nut butter
    (2) raw whole almonds, dried mango or papaya, Kashi Berry Crumble (mixed together like a trail mix)

Both travel well, so they are great to throw in a back pack, purse, or lunch kit in a hurry.
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Flaxseed almond butter. Also high fiber TJs cereal and unsweetened almond milk.
  • farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    I just made a new version of tuna salad that has white albacore tuna, dried cranberries, raisins, granny smith apple, red onion, celery, carrots, & reduced fat raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing. It's so delicious & packed with protein & fiber. You can have it for a snack or a meal. I also eat egg white omelets w/veggies. Roasted unsalted soy nuts are yummy too.

Sounds like my grandma's chicken salad
  • mandagurlee
    mandagurlee Posts: 22 Member
    Whey isolate protein shakes from GNC... fiber one honey squares..yum. and be sure to PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SUGAR INTAKE! too much sugar leads to belly fat. BEST WISHES TO YOU AND ON YOUR GOALS! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member

Like the pumpkin spice addition... wouldn't have thought of that.

I have a list a mile long of things I stir into Fage to make it yummy :) Here are more examples --- I mix and match
    - Coffee Creamers (i love amaretto or SF hazelnut, just 1-2tbsp makes 6oz of Fage extra creamy)
    - SF pudding mix -- pistachio, banana, chocolate, yum!
    - PB2 - powdered peanut butter
    - granola
    - protein powders
    - SF Orange Marmalade
    - blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
    - walnuts, almonds, pistachios
    - agave, stevia, splenda brown sugar (i like it sweet)
    - pumpkin pie filling (pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie spice)
    - PB2 and banana pudding -- elvis lives!
This discussion has been closed.