What foods make you feel satisfied?

Options
I have a hard time with feeling full. One thing I do is make a cucumber salad, with vinegar, and I also like strawberries. I like the mini orange things but can't remember which ones have seeds ( mandarins, tangerines, halos) no clue. I just miss the feeling of being full, seems like I always still crave something, and overeat at times because it is so good lol.I also indulge in alcoholic beverages at times. Lost 30 lb first time around with intermittent fasting and walking, but now have a totally sedentary job and it has been in the mid 90's for the last, idk, so can't go hiking or walking. I was so proud of my weight loss but it has slowly crept back onto. I just love rich foods so much. I love pasta and bread, I was able to cut it out for the most part last year and it helped, together with exercise, but now I am stuck in a boring job with no opportunities to exercise until it gets cooler. At least another month or 6 weeks. I need help lol

Replies

• jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds 🙂
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    No particular foods for me. Just a moderate combination of carbs and protein during meals.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Protein ands high fiber veggies and fruits. Also, nuts and seeds.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    tufntender wrote: »
    I have a hard time with feeling full. One thing I do is make a cucumber salad, with vinegar, and I also like strawberries. I like the mini orange things but can't remember which ones have seeds ( mandarins, tangerines, halos) no clue. I just miss the feeling of being full, seems like I always still crave something, and overeat at times because it is so good lol.I also indulge in alcoholic beverages at times. Lost 30 lb first time around with intermittent fasting and walking, but now have a totally sedentary job and it has been in the mid 90's for the last, idk, so can't go hiking or walking. I was so proud of my weight loss but it has slowly crept back onto. I just love rich foods so much. I love pasta and bread, I was able to cut it out for the most part last year and it helped, together with exercise, but now I am stuck in a boring job with no opportunities to exercise until it gets cooler. At least another month or 6 weeks. I need help lol

alcohol has been shown to increase hunger in the short term. Just a piece of info. For me, its protein and veggies that fill me up.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    A meal that has carbs/protein and some fat
  • runnergirl089
    runnergirl089 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Consider experimenting with when you eat as well as what you eat. Eating two high calorie, meat-based meals a day does the trick for me - I'm able to eat until I'm full and satiated (without exceeding my calorie needs).

I also need to eat low carb for that eating pattern to work for me but that's individual. When I don't eat low carb I have obsessive/compulsive food thoughts and cravings that makes sticking to a diet take more effort than is sustainable for me over the long term.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Meat!

I'm a huge carnivore. I made a lunch a couple days ago with 4 oz grilled chicken, 2 turkey meatballs, 2 hardboiled eggs, and a banana. Total calories - 500. It kept me going for a few hours and I work an active job.

I also like to feel satisfied but not full. After I eat, I should be able to go for a run without feeling like I'm going to barf. For me, this means smaller portions but more calorie dense stuff.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Fiber (veggies, fruits, seeds) and healthy fats.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Potatoes with meat, oats with eggs, rice and beans. A meal that combines protein with a fiber source is the key for me.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I have a no egg oatmeal cookie dough that does it for me. Of course, it's 1558 calories for the lot.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I need a good amount of protein and fibrous carbs with a bit of fat for best satiety. Carbs with very little fibre will initially fill me up but leave me hungry again an hour or so later. I think the fibrous carbs (especially veges) helps with initial hunger and the fat and protein keep me feeling fuller for longer.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Chicken, yogurt, granola bars
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with protein powder
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Legumes with Veggies
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Protein, fats, and fiber generally help with satisfaction. If you are low in one or more of those that may be part of the issue.
    If you love fatty foods, pasta or bread you do not have to give them up just eat smaller portions. Pair them with a bunch of low calorie vegetables to help you eat less.

For me a meal that has a combination of foods is more satisfying.
    Meat or beans with rice, pasta, bread, potatoes and some other vegetables or fruits is pretty filling.
    A pile of plain eggs alone is not filling to me. Add some toast or potatoes and it is better for me.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    For me, it varies. Sometimes a yogurt breakfast biscuit and a cup of coffee will fill me up, while a full dinner with dessert won't. I prefer to feel satisfied than full, because I can be full to bursting and still not satisfied, and I don't like that feeling. I don't omit any foods, I have less of some things and more of others. I tend to fill up with the usual things-- vegetables, fruit, protein and carbs, and because my stomach has become used to smaller portions, I now feel fuller on less most of the time.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, eggs, meat, rice and beans are most filling to me.