Cadbury's - Creme Egg Nutrition info

Options
This was being discussed earlier on the McEw thread.... this is definitely a bit lower than the shake:wink: in carbs etc.

Dawn, this one's for you.......:flowerforyou:

Title: Cadbury's - Creme Egg

Serving Size 1 egg (39g)

Amount per serving
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 54

Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 25mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 28g 9%
Sugars 25g
Protein 2g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4% Iron 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Description:

Well, compared to an everyday chicken egg, a Cadbury's Creme Egg does have less cholesterol! But that's probably the only health advantage I can see to one of these.

Nevertheless they are very popular, not least of all because they are fun, fun, fun. There are so many ways to eat them! Stick the whole thing in your mouth in one go and let the chocolate shell melt on your tongue, releasing the inner goo? Cut it in half and lick out the white and yolk first? Smash it into chunks with a mallet and gobble up each sticky splinter? Nibble at the chocolate or take a huge bite?

In search of a new variation this past Spring, Powerfrau decided to microwave her Creme Egg. Being sure to unwrap it first, she thought she had avoided any mishaps. Once microwaved the egg still held its shape, so she foolishly bit in, and Kssssssss! went her lip as the red hot whites and yolk made scorching contact :( Gladly, once it had cooled down a few thousand degrees Kelvin, the microwaved Creme Egg was actually rather tasty! The way the softened milk chocolate oozed into the sugary yellow and white candy was well worth a bruised and blistered lip for a week, eh? Well, not quite.

But how about you? How do you eat yours?

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    This was being discussed earlier on the McEw thread.... this is definitely a bit lower than the shake:wink: in carbs etc.

Serving Size 1 egg (39g)

Amount per serving

Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 25mg 1%
    Sugars 25g
    Protein 2g

Calcium 4% Iron 0%

Description:

Well, compared to an everyday chicken egg, a Cadbury's Creme Egg does have less cholesterol! But that's probably the only health advantage I can see to one of these.

Nevertheless they are very popular, not least of all because they are fun, fun, fun. There are so many ways to eat them! Stick the whole thing in your mouth in one go and let the chocolate shell melt on your tongue, releasing the inner goo? Cut it in half and lick out the white and yolk first? Smash it into chunks with a mallet and gobble up each sticky splinter? Nibble at the chocolate or take a huge bite?

In search of a new variation this past Spring, Powerfrau decided to microwave her Creme Egg. Being sure to unwrap it first, she thought she had avoided any mishaps. Once microwaved the egg still held its shape, so she foolishly bit in, and Kssssssss! went her lip as the red hot whites and yolk made scorching contact :( Gladly, once it had cooled down a few thousand degrees Kelvin, the microwaved Creme Egg was actually rather tasty! The way the softened milk chocolate oozed into the sugary yellow and white candy was well worth a bruised and blistered lip for a week, eh? Well, not quite.

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Crack it on the edges where it was sealed together and lick out the creme then eat the chocolate. Oh man I can almost taste it!:bigsmile:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    with freshly cleaned hands:wink: I bite off the top and pull the yolk out finger tip by fingertip, licking until the yolk is all gone, then break the chocolate in pieces and eat. Maybe my friends were more grossed out by the method than the actual egg, eh?:ohwell:

That nutritional info actually doesn't scare me, it should, but oddly it doesn't. It must be getting close to that time I have to have one, better go wash my hands...:laugh:
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    Guilty...I have had three so far in the past two weeks! :embarassed: BUTTTTT....They were SUPER-D-DUPER-DELICIOUS!!! :love: :happy:

Oh...forgot to add how I eat them. I bite off half and then suck the creme out and eat the other half! YUMMY!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Sara31
    Sara31 Posts: 10
    Options
    so good....just chomp at it is good...no time to savour with the lids around....hehe
    How about the nutritional info for the mini eggs...they are my favorite for sure...best chocolate ever....thank goodness they don't have these all year round!
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    so good....just chomp at it is good...no time to savour with the lids around....hehe
    How about the nutritional info for the mini eggs...they are my favorite for sure...best chocolate ever....thank goodness they don't have these all year round!

You said it the best! I would never have any progress if they sold these eggs all year!
  • beagle595
    Options

You said it the best! I would never have any progress if they sold these eggs all year!
    They freeze nice.... :wink: But I'm back on track after eating at Olive Garden this weekend and 3 Bloody Mary's later... 2 lb gain :noway: but got it off by this morning. :wink:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    As a connoisseur of Cadbury eggs, I can assure you that the nutritional information given below is incorrect!! They have downsized the eggs (2 seasons ago) and they are now only 1.2 ounces (34g) each- no longer are they sold in the 39g size!

Correct nutritional information is as follows:
    1 egg (34g)
    calories 150
    fat 5g
    sat fat 3g
    trans fat 0
    sod 20g
    carbs 25g
    chol 5mg
    fiber 0
    sugar 22g
    prot 1g
    calcium 40 mg

If you do not believe me then check the side of the display box in any store you see them in! :bigsmile:
    I love those things! :love:

Serving Size 1 egg (39g)

Amount per serving

Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 25mg 1%
    Sugars 25g
    Protein 2g

Calcium 4% Iron 0%

Description:

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I try and eat as much chocolate that I can while still having a bit leftover that is still holding the creme, then POP, the rest goes in my mouth! yummmmmmyyy!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I eat the pointier end first (there's more chocolate, I don't like chocolate all that much, so I get that out of the way) then I lick the creamy stuff out of the middle, and the rest of the chocolate as it breaks in my hands.

So yummy ...
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    HONESTLY.....I wish I was still in contact with my high school friends....I was the ONLY one who ate them and they teased me shamelessly. I have found my soulmates!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :laugh: