is it just me?

Options
Hi, my name is Irma. I started counting calories yesterday. Today, I was 343 calories from my daily intake. There it was a big, red -343 on the top of my page. Is it just me or does that seem like you're doing something wrong? =P I guess I'm conditioned from back in school to associate red as in something wrong. LOL

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's a good motivator for me not to go 'into the red' so to speak.
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That means you overate by 343 calories.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I believe that is the intention with the red numbers. it happens in your totals too - and the positives are green so I just tell myself 'red means STOP & green means go'
    In truth, nothing is really negative OR positive, we simply perceive them that way. so yes, it's your perception - if you think it's bad, it is
  • tribalwolf4
    Options
    My caloric intake was fine before...now it's over because I changed how much I want to lose a week. oops. I forgot I changed it after I did my daily diary. It did help me to see that I need to increase my protein and fiber intake. thanks!
  • GrantsMomma429
    Options
    I agree! I was just commenting to my husband how when you dont eat enough calories the site "yells at you" and basically tells you, you are going to get fatter because you are going to go into starvation mode. Needless to say it does this even if it is just a few calories. But if you go over your limit it doesnt say anything! I wish it gave words of encouragement such as..."no big deal, you can do it! Tomorrow is a new day!" etc....

Off topic, as a teacher I never use red to correct papers because I think it makes kids associate with failure lol
  • tribalwolf4
    Options
    Yay for a teacher that doesn't do that. =P Add me if you want. hehe :smile: