Does anyone have any good fish recipes?

Options
LizzieRoze
LizzieRoze Posts: 47 Member
I really enjoy eating fish/seafood but I never know what to do with it.
I always feel like i go back to the same recipe but I would like to try something different.
I enjoy cooking Haddock and prawns and use them all the time.

If you don't have a full recipe, an idea would be cool ^_^
(pictures would appreciated but not necessary)

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like to cook the fishier tasting fish with bacon and onions...others just plain butter and garlic
  • LizzieRoze
    Options
    That sounds amazing! I will have to try it ^_^

Thank you so much!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Fish a la meuniere is another easy classic option.

Dredge the fish in flour, pan fry until done and remove to serving plate. Then add a few tablespoons of butter to the hot pan, when it bubbles add lemon juice, capers, chopped parsley. Serve the flavoured butter as a sauce over the fish. Sole is classic for this treatment, but I've done this with any white fish or fillets.

https://www.gousto.co.uk/cookbook/fish-recipes/fish-a-la-meuniere
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    For fish that is whole and large-ish a simple recipe is to oil a baking dish (large enough to hold the fish obviously) and then cover the bottom with slices of onion and slices of tomato. Place the fish on top, drizzle with olive oil and tomato juice (you want also a bit of liquid in the pan, but just a little bit), add salt (and any herbs you might like) and bake at medium heat. Depending on the size of the fish, it might take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Check every 15 mins or so, you want the fish to be tender but not overcooked.
  • susanhtaylor94
    susanhtaylor94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favourite is plaice dusted with flour and fried with a small knob of butter. When it’s cooked I squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the pan then eat it with green vegetables and brown rice (Tilda microwave)
  • susanhtaylor94
    susanhtaylor94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    btaq8ssclbwx.jpeg

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I am a Bad Fish! >:)
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I like smoked mackerel, lightly grilled for 5-10 minutes, with a side of brown bread and butter, some asparagus and a grilled tomato.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Take a filet of a mild white fish, like tilapia, cover with a thin coat of whole grain mustard, then wrap with a piece of prosciutto. Cook in pan with just enough cooking spray or oil to keep from sticking, until the fish is done (opaque and flakes, but you should know that already if you cook a lot of it). Simple and oh so good. In fact, I'm kicking myself for not picking some prochiutto up from the store when I was there an hour ago.
  • LizzieRoze
    Options
    btaq8ssclbwx.jpeg

That looks amazing and soooo yummy. I would give that a go ^_^
  • LizzieRoze
    Options
    alvakathyy wrote: »
    If you're into Quinoa and salads - healthy, here's one that you can try.
    41joclt06qvz.jpg

Salmon Quinoa recipe

I've never had Quinoa but I'm always down to try new things and that looks sooo good.
    I will give it a go some time, thank you ^_^
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    i broil mine with mccormick garlic and herb seasoning and a bit of butter. . . sometimes lemon as well. also you can never go wrong with old bay seasoning.

eta: Bump. . oops
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i don't eat fish but i have a couple bobby flay cookbooks and the fish recipes he's got look really good. you could probably find some online
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    A couple of super easy ideas I learned from a girlfriend.
    Microwave smoked fish such as haddock or mackerel to warm it up and serve with lemon, pepper.
    Fry up tinned sardines in the oil from the tin and serve with lemon.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!