Looking for MFP friends -- Am determined to lose 60 lbs in a way that is sane and enjoyable!

Options
I am looking for like-minded friends to help with increasing health and weight loss. Here's a little about me:

1. I am a 34 year old female from CA
2. I enjoy crafts, kickboxing,cooking, Meetup.com group events, reading, hosting craft-meal gatherings
3. I am part of a 12 step program for compulsive eating (OA)
4. Most of my life, I lost weight in attempts (desperation) to gain approval. This year I've had a shift in my motivation to focus on health, self esteem, and better quality of life and it feels like fantastic freedom
5. I have 60 lbs to lose
6. I have my undergraduate degree in psychology and my Master's in a rehabilitation science field

If you are:
1. Focused on losing weight from a place of health rather than solely looks/approval
2. a believer that it is just as important to look at the deeper issues fueling weight gain as it is to look at the calorie count, weight number, etc
3. a person who can vent, hear venting from others, and also solution focused
4. working on self acceptance as you lose weight (not waiting until after you lose weight)

Please message me! Would love to connect and see if we can reciprocate support through this weight loss journey!

Replies

• pinkkatmilk
    pinkkatmilk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me 🙂
  • nicholeunt
    nicholeunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there I friend requested you 😊 I also am looking for support so anyone is welcome to add me. A little about me:

I am 36 and from beautiful Washington state. I have a B.S. in wildlife biology and love to be outdoors. Some of my favorite activities are gardening, mushroom hunting, hiking, snowboarding, kayaking, fishing, and wildlife photography.

I am a yoyo dieter and have lost 30+ pounds before so I know what I need to do I just have a problem with the follow through. This applies to other areas of my life as well like drinking and smoking. I have quit smoking at least 20 times and always go back to bad habits. I have not drank alcohol for 5 years 🤩👊 Last month my fiancee and I set a date, June 1st, for our wedding so I am super motivated to lose this extra 50+ pounds. I started counting calories and working out and have lost almost 15 pounds but I know I need to address the other issues I have with self sabotage. I am trying to learn how to live the healthy life I so desperately want.

I am a very happy person. Every year I get more confident and content with my life, I just want to be able to shake these bad habits for good. I welcome thoughts and advice.
  • samlawali
    samlawali Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Brand new to MFP for what feels like the millionth time. Looking for those who like to encourage and be encouraged. I have no discipline to keep working out but sit at a computer all day. My passion is in food; cooking, trying new recipes, hosting family and friends, etc. As a result, I have steadily gained weight since I was 18 yo. I am now 44, weigh 325 lbs, and have aches and pains all over. I played recreational volleyball for years but stopped about 6 years ago. Love to hike, but tore up my knees in a fall two years ago and my health issues just keep getting worse. I have other interests but hate exercise and need a cheerleading group to help me start and keep going. I am intrigued with the OA comment and am sure I qualify for that group. Might like to learn more down the road. I am married to a great man but he is not a big help in the encouragement department. Would love to find a few friends to travel this journey with. Send me a request and maybe we can help each other out!
  • zohra7917
    zohra7917 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi
    Just joined mfp
    Would love some friends on here who I can start my journey with. I need to lose 100lbs.
    Pls add me ppl.
    Thanks
  • Cassie_Cassie
    Cassie_Cassie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too need some friends who are serious and motivated. I've been on my journey 5 years now and although I'm happy with the results I still have a ways to go. I keep stalling as well as slipping into old habits but with moderation. I can be supportive and encouraging but don't have that in return.
  • akchadwick
    akchadwick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too! Sending everyone love and friend requests. Also 44 and in the 320’s. It feels like I was living in a fog and just woke up this way, but I know it was all the drive-they’d after work and the stress eating, using food as a crutch. But I’m awake now and kicking those bad habits. I’ve lost weight before on Whole30 and felt amazing, but 30 or 60 days were never enough. I’m doing keto now (with some basic W30 principles like zero sugars) and I’m doing great. Having a slice of butter or cheese makes a huge difference in satiety. Send me a Friend request! My food diary is open and I’d love to share tips and inspiration everyday!