New to the boards

Options
New to the boards, well kind of, i made one post in 2009 or something. Been on MFP for a while, never visited the boards with any regularity though, just saying hi from NH. At 238 currently and working my way to 190-ish. Only used it in spots until this year as I'm recovering from a severe ankle injury that doesn't allow me to run any more (insert sadness as i used to run miles every day - and enjoyed it thoroughly). I used to weight lift a bunch as well, but now I can really only do upper body. I use a recumbant bike for the most part. Anyways, just using MFP to keep a much closer look at my calories than I used to due to my lack of exercise options. So far so good. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards Max!! If this isn't your first time here then I don't need to tell you about the amazing folk on MFP! Sorry to hear about the ankle. I fractured my right ankle a couple years ago but was very fortunate to get away without serious damage.
  • maximkat
    maximkat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sus, yeah, honestly, I was glad to be able to run as much as I did because I had multiple leg injuries years prior to my running career. I'll chalk it up to one of those "enjoyed it while I could" deals...The people here seem awesome, which is why I thought I should at least introduce myself. Very encouraging group, it's good to see that sort of thing on the internet where it's more popular for some to just be a bully.