Replies

• shaundicko89
    shaundicko89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What do you think guys n girls?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 4 months is pretty aggressive. What are your stats? It's hard to gauge with your pic, especially with that pose. I see no abdominal definition, are you flexing your core? You mention 6K calories in another post as your planned intake. That is.. a lot. I'm 6'1 and 215# currently and gaining probably a bit faster than I should on about an average of 4K-4.4K a day. Why so much? How much cardio are you doing and how active are you outside of lifting? Is this your first bulk, or is this something you've done before and therefore know how you react to that kind of calorie and macro input (250g of protein?). Is this going to be "natural" or are you planning on assistance?

You're not exactly asking a question, so maybe I should just say, "Go for it"... but I'm curious how this turns out. Please come back in Jan and update with a pic of the results.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Unless on anabolics...most of that will be fat and water. Why not run a slight surplus and focus on strength and optimal hypertrophy gains rather than weight? Just my input!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

I think you're going to put on a lot of fat.

Men, if they are doing everything perfectly, can gain approximately 0.5 pound of muscle per week. Perfectly means a good progressive lifting program, slight calorie surplus, and optimal protein.

I've coached men who didn't gain a extreme amount of fat. First they were extremely good responders to training, second they were enhanced. Both we don't know about the OP from the info he gave.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

I think you're going to put on a lot of fat.

Men, if they are doing everything perfectly, can gain approximately 0.5 pound of muscle per week. Perfectly means a good progressive lifting program, slight calorie surplus, and optimal protein.

I've coached men who didn't gain a extreme amount of fat. First they were extremely good responders to training, second they were enhanced. Both we don't know about the OP from the info he gave.

Or they were good responders to the anabolics lol....
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Pretty aggressive. I'm sure you can do it. It's just the quality of weight? I'm going to start a bulk too. I'm going for 10 pounds by May.