Keto impossible task which foods.

Options
Keto diet requires
75 fat
20 Protein
5 carbs
I spent a few hours studying foods I didn’t manage to get that ratio.
What foods have a fat ratio 4 to 1 protein and low carbs anyway. How do you do it?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to eat a Keto diet?
  • minidoos
    minidoos Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Fibromyalgia, loose weight and doc saying I need to go on statins. I actuelly thought it would be easy and I wouldn’t have to look at calories. Ha ha not true.
  • minidoos
    minidoos Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So Ketonions - what would you eat now?
    I have too many calories to go.

dg8dfqcm46ik.jpeg

• Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    minidoos wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Fibromyalgia, loose weight and doc saying I need to go on statins. I actuelly thought it would be easy and I wouldn’t have to look at calories. Ha ha not true.

Maybe you could ask your doctor to arrange for you to follow a supervised keto plan so you can learn what to eat and how to adjust your eating patterns while you lose weight.
  • akchadwick
    akchadwick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too as a friend, and check out my food diary. I’m not perfect everyday (like yesterday when I ate out), but I’m doing pretty well. My focus is meat/eggs, green veggies, and then luxurious butter/cheese/olive oil, guacamole.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    OP, based on the graphic you posted, I suspect you are choosing wonky entries in the database. The database is mostly user entered, so you have to check each entry before you use it the first time. Lots of people don't pay attention to macros, or only count one specifically, so there are entries in the database that aren't complete.

The health benefits of keto (outside of helping some people stick more easily to their calorie goal) are mostly theoretical. It seems your mind is set on trying it, but please don't think the only way you can lose weight and be healthier is through keto. There are healthy people all over the world not eating that way.

Maybe it would be easier for you to transition slowly? Start out trying to keep your carbs under 100g while you get the hang of logging and choosing foods. Once that's easy, lower it to 75g and so on.