Whats your macro ratio for fat loss?

Options
Hi all,

Interested to hear your macros for fat loss! Ive been doing a 40C 40P 20F but have only recently changed it to 50C 30P 20F. Havent done it long enough to notice any changes but would like to hear what your macros are and your experiences and results.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Minimum of 80 grams of protein a day, and rest is whatever I feel like it. My diary is currently set to 55% carbs, 20% protein, 25% fat just because it has to be set to something and 20% matches my desired protein.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I use grams since % can vary widely based on intake.
    P: 140-160g
    F: 60-75g
    C: 75-300g

There is a large spread of carbs since I typically cycle them and increase them on weekends. I keep protein high for satiety, adherence and muscle retention.

Make sure you are in a deficit above all.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    As you can see, there is a wide range.

Calorie deficit for fat loss.

Macros? I make sure to hit my 20% protein. Fats I'm always over my 30%. I've been at maintenance weight for years.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit for fat loss.

Enough protein (and exercise, especially strength) to keep loss of lean tissue to a minimum while losing fat (I like 0.6-0.8g protein daily per pound of healthy goal weight, but opinions differ).

Enough fats to avoid constipation and achieve hormonal balance (I like 0.35-0.45g fat daily per pound of healthy goal weight).

Beyond that, a bare minimum of 5 servings of varied, colorful fruits and veggies daily for micronutrients and fiber (10+ is better).

Any remaining calories should go to whatever foods keep you happy and satiated.

I like figuring my needs in grams, then setting my percentages as close to that as I can get with free MFP. I still eat to the gram goals, though. Since only calories, protein and fat matter a lot to me numerically, that's pretty easy. :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Minimum 160g protein, minimum 70g fat, let everything else fall wherever it falls within my calorie goal.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Minimum 160g protein, minimum 70g fat, let everything else fall wherever it falls within my calorie goal.

Pretty close to the same for me. A little lower because you are taller than me but the same kind of ratios.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Fat: don't care
    Protien: don't care
    Carbs: don't care

Calories: eat less than what I use.

So far I'm down a bit over 190lbs using this method.
  • LRLemon
    LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    C: 20-50g... then try to keep F & P equal to each other. And since I'm tryin to lose weight try to eat less calories than I need.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    LRLemon wrote: »
    C: 20-50g... then try to keep F & P equal to each other. And since I'm tryin to lose weight try to eat less calories than I need.
    But the total calories is what's important.