Back after 24 months of sliding back

Options
Well it has been 24 months since I last did anything on here and I am sad to say I have gained back everything I lost and more.

So what went wrong? I think I was just so consumed with losing weight that it took everything I had and I started to feel exhausted. So I crashed and then just let everything go to hell.

So what will be different this time? I am going to moderate everything and not allow myself to spend my days consumed by exercise, clean eating, and calorie counting.

Hopefully this will be my last time losing weight.

If you are reading this and are the type of person that likes to help people stay accountable, I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Be sure and schedule and plan for the things you like. If you need to do some cardio to earn the calories to afford it, get busy. The whole point of the site is to let you learn how to live at the healthy size. School's in.
  • lytningbolts
    lytningbolts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi RMac, I’m also looking for friends to help me stay accountable. Feel free to add me if you’d like. We got this!
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello.. I'm kind of in thr same boat. I didn't lose it here.. Was not an active part of this community. Lots 90lbs and then slid back a bit.. I'm here to make friends, focus on getting myself back on track, and finally to meet my goals. Best of luck to you! (and me)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Ditto...haven't gained it all back, a third so far, but unless I get my a** in gear...well, we know the outcome.
  • lytningbolts
    lytningbolts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Rock, you got this. We can do it!
  • ItAintMagic
    ItAintMagic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm also back, after about the same amount of time. For me, I gave up after I injured myself working out. Then we moved, and I just went back to old habits. I gained back all the weight I had lost. I just found out I have an illness that, without surgery, will kill me. And I'm too heavy for the doctors to consider surgery at this point. So I'm on an alternate treatment that should slow things down while I lose the 40 pounds that will get me to where I have to be to have surgery. The choice is simple, but the weight-loss road is one I've been down countless times and it's never easy.