Bing eating at night

I exercise at least 4 time per week in the evenings around 7pm, after that I eat a full meal, and a snack, what can I do to change my eating pattern.

What are some foods and snacks that I should eat.

Replies

• Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    So basically you have dinner and a snack after 7pm? That's normal. You don't provide any other details, your weight, what you eat, if you binge, or what you consider a binge to be, but from what you've said, your eating pattern sounds fine.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2018
    You can eat your calories anytime during the day and it won't effect weight loss, as long as you stay within calorie limits.

I'm with Millicent on this one. A binge is out of control eating.

Any snack that fits in your calorie & macro goals is fine. There are no "shoulds" here. Eat food you like, in controlled portions. I like a sweet snack after dinner and as long as a cookie (or two) or an ice cream bars fits...I'm good to go.
  • minidoos
    minidoos Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2018
    Stick to calorie counting, you can eat anything so long as it stays within your daily limit. That’s where fitness pal comes in. Obviously you should care about getting the right nutrition.
  • aeborowski
    aeborowski Posts: 72 Member
    Snacking it totally normal, but if it is a legitimate binge, try to learn what causes it. Once you recognize the signs, you can sort of learn to avoid them. As for snacks, I try not to buy anything I will regret eating.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Why would you want to change your eating plan? Time of day in which one eats has nothing to do with weight loss. If you find yourself snacking late at night, there are two simple solutions:
    1. Eat dinner later. This method means that you will not be hungry again and avoid snacking that would put you over your calories.
    2. Budget calories exclusively for snacks. Adjust your meals to lower thier calories so that you have a calorie surplus that you can then use for evening snacks.

Another thing to do is to buy single serving snacks. There is something satisfying about "eating the whole package" of something, but having the single serving sizes means that the whole bag of Cheetos is 150cal, the whole package of Milano cookies is 100 calories.
  • evergreenlakegirl
    evergreenlakegirl Posts: 89 Member
    edited September 2018
    I can see that everyone’s eating patterns are different and as long as you are within your daily calories....replies confirm this
    Also- as i read this thread.... does this mean I can eat ANYTHING as long as I’m in my calories?
    Just curious.... I realize nutrition is important but if I have a 1200 calorie limit and eat 1/2 a pizza - that’s okay? 😂
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I can see that everyone’s eating patterns are different and as long as you are within your daily calories....replies confirm this
    Also- as i read this thread.... does this mean I can eat ANYTHING as long as I’m in my calories?
    Just curious.... I realize nutrition is important but if I have a 1200 calorie limit and eat 1/2 a pizza - that’s okay? 😂

For weight loss: YES!!!! You can eat ANYTHING you want so long as you remain in a calorie deficit. That means that if you have 200 Cal for breakfast, 200 calories for lunch and 1000 calories in pizza and wings for dinner, so long as you're BRM + exercise is more than 1400, you will lose weight.