30DS: Should I Go On?

Options
Today would be my 10th day of Level 2 of the 30DS. But my ankle is killing me. Some days I do just the 30DS, and some days I run 3 miles and then do the 30DS. I was trying to do the 30 days straight through, but I just came back from a run and my ankle is not feeling friendly. Do I skip a day or two to recuperate? Or should I just tough it out until my 30 days are up?

Replies

• cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just finished L2D7 today of 30DS and I skip weekends sometimes. I don't think it really hurts especially since you also run. It just takes a little longer than the 30 days straight is all.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I would take some time to recupe and do very light exercises...if you hurt yourself more, you may not be able to work out at all...I've been doing the 30DS every other day or so and I'm still seeing great results....taking a break is fine!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    in would rest it, if its has a minor issue and you push it you can muck it up royally
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    I say push it! But drop down to level 1 and follow the blonde girl so you don't over do it.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I had issues with my knees so I modified the exercises as to not irritate them...
    I stopped doing jumping jacks all together - and did alternative moves when I found something was sstraining my knees. I pushed on - and iced a lot - and it got better even continuing thru. If you are running a lot too that probably isnt helping the ancle situation either : /
  • Zen_Master_B
    Options
    To me there is no 25 minute workout worth further exasperating an ankle injury, especially if your an avid runner as well. Discomfort is ok in exercising, pain is not.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why not? I don't get why so many girls on here will miss a day and START over. It's YOUR workout, don't be so strict about it! If your ankle needs to recup, do it. I took a rest day once a week when I did the 30DS and one week 2 days because I got my hair dyed and couldn't wash it.
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I did 30ds with 2 rest days a week. Still lost 11 lbs and a bunch of inches. It's your workout. You don't want to risk really injuring yourself. You'd definately not finish then.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i would take a rest day
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I am on D5L3 and my knee has been hurting for a while now. However, I decided to push but modified moves that I know is going to hurt my knees. So I still do it but make sure I don't feel any pain on my knees.

But because you run too then your case is totally different than mine. I'd say listen to your body.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be easy to modify all the moves so you aren't causing more strain to your ankle. If you can-go ahead, but if it were me I'd take a rest day or days until it's healed. Pushing through pain (real pain, not muscle aches) is rarely a good thing-it's usually your body's way of telling you something is wrong.