Cravings

Options
I've been doing good with balancing my food and my carbs, but now I've been having cravings. I don't want to lose the little progress I've made because I have long way to go. Any advice?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Have a little bit of it. Make it fit into your day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Cravings won't kill you. Just stick to your plan, if it's a good plan. You may find it easier if you don't keep a lot of too-tempting-to-overeat foods around.
  • zaldar83zar
    zaldar83zar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I look for lower calorie alternatives. Crave salty stuff - i get the corn cakes which taste a little like corn chips, protein bars that taste like a chocolate bar etc
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of low cal/carb/sugar alternatives around nowadays. Gullon do sugar free biscuits (I found them in Home Bargains), Chocologic does 90% and 60% less sugar chocolate, Werther's do sugar free hard and chewy toffee, Fruitella and Ricola do sugar free sweets, Chupa Chups have sugar free lollies, Frank's, Halo Top and Breyer's do lower fat & sugar ice cream, Hovis does lower carb bread, there are even protein based chocolate truffles on Amazon. If you don't mind spending some time in the supermarket or finding things online, you can get some tasty substitutes in for when you fancy the occasional thing.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Eat a small portion of the thing you're craving. If your goal is weight loss, then you can eat what you want as long as you're within your calorie goal.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something that is reasonable calories (a chocolate bar is around 230 calories), I just fit it into my day. If I'm craving something that is larger calories (cheeseburger and tater tots), I tell myself I can have it the upcoming weekend. Then I bank a few calories throughout the week. If I'm still craving it by the weekend, I have it. A lot of times, the craving has gone by then.
  • rockin_rhon
    rockin_rhon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good idea