Meal Prep on a Small Budget

Options
CatySelf
CatySelf Posts: 1 Member
Hey guys, I’m just wondering if anyone had any meal prep menus that are less than $20 a week? I’m trying to lose 50 lbs before February, and I think meal prep would help! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Welcome Caty. A few members have vouched for Budget Bytes (Under $1, Under $1.50, Under $3 per serving recipes), which I do read through time and again, however personally I prefer Eating Well@$3 or less or Eating Well's 7 day Meal Plan Easy One Dish Dinners.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    There is a series on BBC called Eat Well for Less that you can find on YouTube. Main themes are
    -don't buy branded goods, and stick to supermarket brands for cereals, dairy, condiments
    -don't buy anything processed such as pre-washed salad in a bag, grated cheese, or spaghetti sauce
    -cook from scratch
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You could try cookingonabootstrap.com it's UK based but has very cheap recipes, some starting at under the equivalent of 50 cents a portion, and you can try out some British recipes like rhubarb crumble!
  • kmeyer6979
    kmeyer6979 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey $5
    Bagged Brown rice $3
    Package of Carrots .99
    And add spice to the turkey. Healthy and filling. Each package of turkey lasts me 3 days so 2 will last six days. I put 2 carrots in each meal and rice will last all week. Costs about $15 for the week. That’s just my at work meals though.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I buy those massive 5kg bags of rice. Lasts the whole month. other than that - same as what was said above - buy a lettuce instead of a fancy pre-washed bag of lettuce leaves, buy home brand stuff, cook it all yourself. look for what's on special - eg bulk chicken breast packs or minced turkey/beef whatever - look at what's on special and buy it. potatoes are cheap and filling. carrots.