Starting Again.......One More Time

Options
Hi Everyone,
Starting again as I do every year....but hoping this time is different. Under doctors orders and supervision, I am determined to make this time work. I have 100 lbs. to lose! WOW!! Scary when you put it in writing. I am 55 yrs old and live in central ky. Right now I feel like 80. I am stiff and short winded. I LOVE to hike and be outdoors but my weight is having a huge effect on the things I love such as hiking (yeap said that), camping, horses and animals in general. I hike with my german shepherd every weekend even though it is difficult. Looking for new friends to keep me motivated.

Replies

• unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I never thought that this site would work for me as well as it did. I hit my goal weight last year (58 lbs down) and have not looked back. I love the support here and just browsing around seeing how many people that are going through the exact same thing. feel free to add me I have an open diary and love to share recipes.
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi there Liz, you are in good company! I lost almost 33 lbs about five years ago here, have kept most of it off, but need to get down and KEEP going to get to my goal weight. So I'm starting again too. Going to add you!
  • DaNae9402
    DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hello! My name's DaNae. Welcome!
  • SimmieBK
    SimmieBK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My Name is Simone- I have started this journey several times (more than I can count). On my 31st birthday (Sept 1st) I weighed in at 260 which is my highest weight yet. Needless to say, I literally joined the gym on my birthday and now I am Weighing in at 252. I couldn't take it anymore-looking at myself and not liking what I saw. I don't hate myself but I can say that I ignored my body and the way that I was damaging it for a loonnnng time. I went to the doctor and learned that I have prehypertension (AT 31 YALL!). I took a blood test and I KNOW that it is going to come back and scream GET YOUR *kitten* TOGETHER ALREADY, DAMN. >:) So I am here now. Smarter now in my 30's-finally understanding that this is going to take time. Learning how to eat properly and not a 20 something diet anymore. I made a lot of food mistakes in my 20's that I am paying for now-but I really think I get it this time.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz you can do this it takes time but stick with it. Good luck
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, so I'm eager to know what you'll be doing differently this time.