Not sore enough not a good workout?

I've been consistently back at the gym after taking a break for two months since I got a new job and was trying to find the balance. I am not consistently going 3 times a week for around 2 hours with a mix of pilates and strength training. At first when I got back I was sore for days which is normal and after a week I adjusted and was not feeling sore and had felt the moves had become to easy. This week I increased my weights and increased the toughness of the pilates moves but I am not that sore. I know soreness isnt everything but in worry that since i am not feeling sore that i am not working hard enough. I can only go three times a week so I want to make sure my workouts are quality. I have only been on this routine for 3 weeks so I dont think my body should be too used to it.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    That^^
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Your body is getting used to the workout which is normal. Your stamina/strength is increasing which is a good thing.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    There are a lot of factors that contribute to soreness. Among those mentioned, like stretching and new movements, are sleep, food, and particular type of training. For example, I am rarely sore during or after straight strength training - not talking about minor aches the next day, but real soreness. If I reduce weight and increase reps (for hypertrophy and endurance), then I may get more sore. I also get more sore if I am under-eating or when attempting to cut too drastically.