im new and not very good at dieting

Options
i need a good support system.. lol and im trying to get healthy,.,, i took a birth control (shot) that made me gain about 80 pounds.. ive tried everything in the world! i cannot loose my weight.. any one have any helpful ideas?:glasses: you can email me at amp0311@hotmail.com please and thank you ( in the subject bar please put ::reply to post:: thanks)

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    think of it as a lifestyle change - not a diet.
    and portion sizes and calories is the first step. then making sure its healthy. then making sure you exercise regulary.
    slowly get this into your lifestyle so can be healthy for the rest of your life
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    also - i highly doubt weight gain is solely from the pill.
    dont make any excuses or you will keep making them !
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    hello, i don't really email that much but if you want to friend me we can send private message back and forth about tips and stuff, I'm birth control too, pills for me, but i know how difficult it can be to lose weight on the pill, i've been struggling for years with that. best of luck to you and feel free to message me for support and tips.
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I took Depo shot for a year and gained a bunch. Course having 2 more kids after that didn't help either :) So far I've lost about 27 lbs since May. Just changed my diet and started working out. You can do it!
  • angie0311
    Options
    it wasnt the pill, it was depo pravera, google it, you gain 40-80 pounds in water weight over the course of the shot,for 5 years..... you cna google it im not making excuses... i was 135 pounds before the shot, was very active, and ate very well then after the shot i started putting on 3-4 pounds a week... im not making excuses.:grumble:
  • angie0311
    Options
    :laugh: when they gave the depo shot they said it would make me gain at least 40 pounds.. at the time i could handle 40 pounds..... 80 pounds later here i am with all theses health problems and aggrivated at my mirror.....
  • nathandines
    nathandines Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just thought i would share an article that was just written today considering you are on this topic

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/08/the-pill-doesnt-make-you-fat-even-though-drug-companies-say-it-does/
  • ohsogoodfitness
    Options
    I think you can find lots of support on here. So far I have. Also keeping track of your life, food, fitness is such an eye opener. Your documentation will teach you a lot about yourself. so glad you joined. Congrats. And don't stop.
  • angie0311
    Options
    NOT A PILL!!!!! IT WASA SHOT GET IT RIGHT...... idiots
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Ya... everyone I know who got depo gained A LOT of weight. Something about the formula I think. Hopefully OP changed the BC method. Cuz depo made lots of girls gain.
  • ashilicious87
    Options
    I can relate because I gained 80 lbs with my son and I lost about 40 of it then got the deppo shot and shot up 15 and haven't seen the 160's since! I was 127 the day I found out I was pregnant and I never knew how rapidly that would change! Now I am on a very vigorous diet it is probably unhealthy but I don't care because at this point I am fed up and want my body back! These boobs can be the first thing to go as far as I'm concerned, I can hardly shop at Victoria Secret anymore because they only go to DD, miss my C's!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just read 3 studies showing the average weight gain over 3 years after depo pravera was 11lbs. But I'm sure there are studies that show more.

Also, calling people names is likely not going to get you any support.

I'm fine with you blaming whatever is necessary on the weight gain. But please look at the fact that if you currently think you need to "diet" then you probably aren't eating healthy and exercising as you should to start.

No more excuses, just do it.

Take control and lose the weight. Become healthy, and live your life.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    you will find success when you realize that you need to make good food choices for the rest of your life, and not just until you reach your goal weight.
  • Maria052007
    Maria052007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The shot is a very dangerous synthetic hormone. It takes over 18 months to start to get out of your body and it stores in your fat cells. Honey I wish you the best of luck. When I was 18 in 2007 I was told I had to wait until I had 2 periods before I would lose weight. I waited 21 months, and I struggled to lose the weight. One got thing was once I got my 2nd period I lost 50 in like 3 months by eating to lose 2lbs per week. I would have lost more but I had some tragic events happen but

If I were you, I would talk to your drs gyno and family practice. But, you may just need to detox first.

Also: DEPO CAUSES HUGE WEIGHT GAIN HUGE* NOT COMPARABLE TO THE PILL, along with other health complications.

Actually there are a lot of online forums relating to depo weight gain. I would just search it.

* yes some people don't have that problem but many do, unfortunately the user asking is one of them.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i just got that shot three weeks ago and ughhhhhh.... im so bloated!!! and other unsightly side affects. never again!!!
  • Kathyjaneragland
    Options
    Hello,

I was introduced to this website about 1 month ago. I have lost 12 pounds so far. The database of foods is so informative. This website has held me accountable. I also like it because I am not spending money on yet another diet fad. Best of luck.
  • Maria052007
    Maria052007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    AVERAGE you know that can mean all sorts of things, right? That there are several versions of what AVERAGE means. Also there is the want this study wants average to mean definition?

In this case, it means some people didn't gain anything and other gained a lot.

Anyway, this girl has a MAN MADE chemical in her body that is KNOWN for causing HUGE amounts of weight gain. I agree excuses shouldn't hold you back, but this girl stopped taking the shot and is trying to lose weight. SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY!