What’s your favourite stomach workout ?

Options
For those working on your tummy, what are your go to stomach work outs? I enjoy leg drops, they work on your lower stomach.

Replies

• CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like planks. I mean they kinda suck but they feel most effective. I also really like using the bosu ball for crunches and half push ups. The leg raise stand thing is awesome too.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I feel the cable crunch the most but I think leg raise is a more better overall moment. Also like oblique cable crunch. That's the 3 I do every fourth day.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Planks and dead bug with stability ball.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hollow Body
    Extended Plank
    Ab roller
    Hanging leg raise
    L-sit
    Pull-ups
    Dragon levers
    Front/Back lever progressions
    Hanging V-ups
    Skin-the-cat
    Weighted and banded deadbugs
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Figure 8's and crawling planks.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Eating....(joking)

TRX mountain climbers (both legs simultaneously though), hanging leg raises to the face (pelvis up), serratus dip (really more of a serratus exercise...athleanX recently did a video on these with a twist of course). Stomach vacuums of course
    Use to do "folding flags" for obliques (similar to human flag)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Hollow holds and cable cross chops
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like doing this curcuit from Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 book lately:
    Situps(holding a weight behind head if possible) x10
    Hanging leg raises(laying if you cant hang) x10
    Ab roller x10
    Dumbell side bends x10
    Repeat 2-4x
    Circuit style, but dont have to rush to each station like your life depends on it...take a rest in between exercises as needed
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    Eating....(joking)

TRX mountain climbers (both legs simultaneously though), hanging leg raises to the face (pelvis up), serratus dip (really more of a serratus exercise...athleanX recently did a video on these with a twist of course). Stomach vacuums of course
    Use to do "folding flags" for obliques (similar to human flag)

I started adding stomach vacuums recently and have noticed a big difference in my pelvic floor strength.
  • ltryon90
    ltryon90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do pilates for my core workout.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Wow didn’t know there was so many different workouts. Exciting !!!!! I’ll have to google.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I just do planks and hollow hold (well modified) or dead bugs. and scissor kicks. I don't do anything that actually adds weight. i don't really care about having visible abs but I do think it's important to have a strong core.
  • mom23mangos
    edited September 2018
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I just do planks and hollow hold (well modified) or dead bugs. and scissor kicks. I don't do anything that actually adds weight. i don't really care about having visible abs but I do think it's important to have a strong core.

This post was about stomach exercises, but if you are really wanting a strong core don't forget to do low back exercises each time you do stomach. Follow up your hollow holds with superman holds. Deadbugs with back extensions, etc.

Edit - I made the mistake of not giving my low back enough love and I couldn't believe how weak my Superman's were even with all the deadlifting I do.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My trainer introduced me to "Concave Pose" while doing any abdominal exercise and I must say, it's a definite GAME CHANGER! It takes a minute to get accustomed to it. You'll look like a goofball at first, but once it become fluid with your routine, it's awesome!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Beer and wings. For abs, though, I like planks, plank jacks, plank torso rotations, and jackknives.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Favorite abs excercise....I don't love training abs, but lately I've been doing cable rotations I don't know if that's what they are really called but it's what I call them... I alter the height to target different angles..ab wheel gets me tired... Sit ups on decline bench throwing a weighed ball at top is good.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Vacuums are my favorite. :)
  • climberbry
    climberbry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Weighted pikes