Gastrointestinal sleeve

ajohnson9926
ajohnson9926 Posts: 1 Member
Any tips I am doing a 4 week diet to lose 49 lbs that’s 10 lbs a week

Replies

• mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    edited September 2018
    49lbs in 4 weeks seems lots to me. Are you doing this under medical supervision? I don't know your stats, but even if you are for example 250lbs, that's 20% of your body weight. I don't understand why it has to be in just a month, 12/13lbs a week it can be any good.

Have you set your goals on the app? If you insert your height, current weight and how much weight you want to lose, it will tell you how many calories you should be eating in order to lose weight.
  • mkyoungdds
    mkyoungdds Posts: 33 Member
    What's the rush? 12.25 lb per week (49 lb in 4 weeks) is pretty much impossible without some sort of surgical limb removal. Losing weight at a rate anywhere near this severe is bound to take lean muscle mass along with any body fat. The recommended max of MFP is 2 lb per week.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Any tips I am doing a 4 week diet to lose 49 lbs that’s 10 lbs a week

I don't honestly believe that's physically possible. Did your doctor tell you to lose the weight that quickly? Or did he tell you that you need to lose 49lbs and you decided you wanted to be ready in a month?

Very generally, it is safe to lose @ 1% of your body weight per week. So if someone is 250 lbs, that would be 2.5 lbs per week. Mind you, even that can be fairly aggressive, but it's a good upper guide. Anything more than that, and a doctor and/or dietitian should be involved, monitoring your vitals, prescribing supplements, and ensuring you don't hurt yourself.

If the time frame is your decision, you are going to have to think longer term. Even an aggressive at home weight loss plan will require at least 3-4 months to lose 50 lbs. If your doctor told you to do that, I would get a new doctor. Please take care of yourself :smile:
  • With the Sleeve, it may be possible but please be careful. If you're going to drastically reduce your calories that much, please make sure you're taking all your vitamins and getting in all of your protein FIRST. I think cutting your goal in half is more appropriate, and still may be overzealous.