apples make me more hungry!?!?

Options
why do i feel hungrier every time i eat an apple? Anyone else feel this way or is it all in my head?

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    why do i feel hungrier every time i eat an apple? Anyone else feel this way or is it all in my head?
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm quite the opposite! I eat an apple and I feel stuffed.

Maybe I should eat more apples.

It may be because you're reminding yourself that food exists. I sometimes find eating makes me more hungry- not sure if that's physical or pyschological. It could be a kickstart to the metabolism, or it could be that you're now thinking about food. Sorry, I've been very unhelpful
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! Not sure if it's the natural sugar or what......
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    I think it has to do with your body metabolising the sugar (which there's a lot!) so quickly in fruits that they can actually make you feel hungry. Chocolate, wine or any liquer, do the same thing to me.

Try eating the apple with a protein like string cheese or skip the apple and grab fresh cucmbers. Slice and dice and you have something refreshing as well as filling!

:flowerforyou:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Me three! I spoke to my (horseback riding) trainer who is also a nutritionist (or part of the way ...) we think it has to do with the sugars, the fiber content and the water content. But I love them anyway!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I totally do, my dad and a co-worker of mine have said the same thing. It's like anti-food.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way after an apple, usually. But it seems green apples are worse than any other kind. But, I don't really care for them so I don't eat the green ones much anyway.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    oh yeah. definitely hungrier after an apple.
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Me too! Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was beginning to think I was freakish!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this same thing today after I ate my apple slices at work.