Steamed sweet potatoes are awesome!!!

MDC2957
MDC2957 Posts: 417 Member
Now that I have learned an easy way to do sweet potatoes, I'm probably not going to eat any more stupid rice. Just get a pot with a steamer basket and fill up the pot with water to just under the steamer basket. Peel a bunch of sweet potatoes cut them up into pieces throw them in the steamer basket put the lid on and steam for about 30 minutes. Pour all of the sweet potatoes into a bowl, you won't believe how soft they are. stir them up with a fork let them cool a bit, refrigerate and you've got mashed sweet potatoes all week long.

Replies

• alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    you can microwave them too in their skins
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    i cook them in a microwave steamer in about 8 minutes.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    I'll have to give this a try. I love them baked because then you can just cut them open and scoop out the insides. I dislike peeling them because they're so oddly shaped! But, next time I buy some I'll give it a try because I've been eating them the same way for so long.
  • shawndavis3
    shawndavis3 Posts: 1 Member
    What do u put on yours?
  • Also try the different varieties of sweet potato. The ones which are white but turn purple once cooked are the sweetest and yummiest of all in sweet potato land 👍🏾
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I really like roasted sweet potatoes with sea salt, sesame oil and a little honey...not that anyone asked.