30 day shred help

Options
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the 30day shred as a region 2 dvd? I can only seem to find region 1 :frown: Hubby's been at work so much I keep forgetting to ask if we have a multi region dvd player. I'm guessing not though.

Can anyone offer any assistance? Please :happy:

Replies

• vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the 30day shred as a region 2 dvd? I can only seem to find region 1 :frown: Hubby's been at work so much I keep forgetting to ask if we have a multi region dvd player. I'm guessing not though.

Can anyone offer any assistance? Please :happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Wow. Country codes. No idea.
    TEEEEEEECH SUPPOOOOOOOORT.

(Ever see Vanilla Sky? Tom Cruise screams that out while they are playing the Beach Boy's "Good Vibrations" in the background. Freakiest scene in the movie. Still can't hear "Good Vibrations" without getting chills. Stinkin' Tom Cruise :grumble: )
  • vonzo
    Options
    I haven't seen it but he is kind of creepy these days, movie or not ... I can't watch him in an interview without feeling a bit cringy and like I have to look away, in a seeing your mum and dad kiss kinda way ....
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    Try playing it in your computer. They often can support multiple regions.

And while I"m here...I have a question for you shredders. I recently picked this up as well, but I haven't looked at the dvd yet. I'd like to go home and try it tonight, but I'm wondering if there's anything I need...for example, weights or something like that. If so, I'll need to purchase them.

Thanks!
  • vonzo
    Options
    That is a genius idea!!! Hubby being the technical geek that he is has the computer rigged up to our big TV so I could watch it through that .... Fingers crossed it will play through that :smile:
  • mutkin
    Options
    That is a genius idea!!! Hubby being the technical geek that he is has the computer rigged up to our big TV so I could watch it through that .... Fingers crossed it will play through that :smile:

Awesome! Good luck with that! And now I want to hook my computer up to my tv....but I fear I'm not that technically savvy. lol
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it but he is kind of creepy these days, movie or not ... I can't watch him in an interview without feeling a bit cringy and like I have to look away, in a seeing your mum and dad kiss kinda way ....

I never had a crush on him, or anything of the sort. He was just okay.
    But THEN.
    He did that interview.
    WHERE HE SAID BROOKE SHIELD'S POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION WAS BOGUS.
    And depression doesn't really exist (paraphrased).

Oooooooh, from this post-partum depressed mommy to Tom Cruise ---> :mad: :angry: :explode: :mad: :angry: :explode: :mad: :angry: :explode:
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options

And while I"m here...I have a question for you shredders. I recently picked this up as well, but I haven't looked at the dvd yet. I'd like to go home and try it tonight, but I'm wondering if there's anything I need...for example, weights or something like that. If so, I'll need to purchase them.

Thanks!

You do need weights but you can use canned soup as well.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    For anyone like, um, ah ME:blushing: That was unfamiliar with the region deal I just googled to see if the DVD was available and did want to share with those not in the know on Regions like I was a few moments ago::laugh:

STANDARD DVDS

REGION 0: Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide
    REGION 1: U.S., Canada
    REGION 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, the Middle East
    REGION 3: South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, parts of South East Asia
    REGION 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Latin America (including Mexico)
    REGION 5: Former Soviet Union, India, Africa, North Korea
    REGION 6: China

Ok, now gonna go back to my best bud GOOGLE:love: to see what else I can learn!

Vonzo, are you able to view it now through your TV or are you still trying to find a way to watch it?
    I'll keep searching if you're still trying to sort it out....what say my Friend?

Let me know:flowerforyou:
    FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Thanks!

Yeppers Candy is right:flowerforyou: , a great way to start out until you decide if you want/can purchase the real deal later is soup cans, water jugs etc., all depending on the weight you want to use.:drinker:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options

Awesome! Good luck with that! And now I want to hook my computer up to my tv....but I fear I'm not that technically savvy. lol
    Well it's not hard but you do need to make sure that you have the hookup 'stuff' in case your TV needs it. My computer can give me TV channels etc. but I just have never hooked it up as I didn't get the piece I needed to do it yet.

I'm one of those that likes to put things together and tackle them that way, then if need be grab the instructions and check my work over. But this time I actually read the instructions (borrrrrrrrrrrring!) to see what I needed to do.:laugh:

So, I haven't done it yet myself. Oh well, duh I now see you want to hook your puter up to your TV to view it on your TV,:blushing: I was talking about hooking up my cable to view on the computer (big screen computer) so welpppp, looks like I didn't offer much help!:laugh: :laugh: :blushing: :bigsmile:

oh, well I'm amused now so that's OK.:tongue::laugh:

Now I wanna know what it takes to do the opposite of what I just said so I can do my workouts in the other room.......hmmmmm... well too much to do right now to Google but I shall check that out later!:bigsmile:

I love techie stuff, I just have to stop a moment and think it through and I can usually figure it out. I find it's best to stay away from the instructions written in 200 languages unless you find you have extra pieces when assembling something!:tongue::laugh:

Hey just my experience from past projects:bigsmile: :wink:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options

But THEN.
    He did that interview.

Oooooooh, from this post-partum depressed mommy to Tom Cruise ---> :mad: :angry: :explode: :mad: :angry: :explode: :mad: :angry: :explode:

Hello?!!! YES I hear that!! :grumble: Wow, we seriously need an eyeroller emoticon on here!!:laugh: _rolleyes.gif Ok, I hunted one down!:tongue:
  • mutkin
    Options
    Well it's not hard but you do need to make sure that you have the hookup 'stuff' in case your TV needs it. My computer can give me TV channels etc. but I just have never hooked it up as I didn't get the piece I needed to do it yet.

I'm one of those that likes to put things together and tackle them that way, then if need be grab the instructions and check my work over. But this time I actually read the instructions (borrrrrrrrrrrring!) to see what I needed to do.:laugh:

So, I haven't done it yet myself. Oh well, duh I now see you want to hook your puter up to your TV to view it on your TV,:blushing: I was talking about hooking up my cable to view on the computer (big screen computer) so welpppp, looks like I didn't offer much help!:laugh: :laugh: :blushing: :bigsmile:

oh, well I'm amused now so that's OK.:tongue::laugh:

Now I wanna know what it takes to do the opposite of what I just said so I can do my workouts in the other room.......hmmmmm... well too much to do right now to Google but I shall check that out later!:bigsmile:

I love techie stuff, I just have to stop a moment and think it through and I can usually figure it out. I find it's best to stay away from the instructions written in 200 languages unless you find you have extra pieces when assembling something!:tongue::laugh:

Hey just my experience from past projects:bigsmile: :wink:

Ok...your post totally cracks me up! I love techie stuff too...like i have my music set up to play wirelessly to my speakers regardless of which computer i'm on or if its connected to anything. However, sometimes I get totally fed up with technology and just want to try the amish way of life. LOL

That said, my computer monitor has MUCH better resolution than my tv. I should try your set up!
  • vonzo
    Options
    Apparently your PC will let you view different regions but after a certain number of times with a different region dvd it will lock to that region. So say I watch it 6 times through the PC it will then lock to region 1 and wont let me play any region 2 discs. Hubby says however that he can copy it to the PC then change it to the correct region/format. Now hubby is very keen on "projects" and "fixing things" , bless him, so I am not filled with confidence by his answer. I'll ask my MIL as she is another tech geek (and one who can be trusted :laugh: ) so she should know how I can get around it. IN the meantime though if any happens to see it in region 2 please let me know :smile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tom Cruise is an *kitten*! I had/have ppd and my dd is 6 months. It is very real and I see no reason in why women would "make it up" silly midget fool that he is. He can bite my flabby butt.:embarassed:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

But THEN.
    He did that interview.

Do you remember the interview? You're just being glib... Who talks like that? I am so glad that Brook Shields had such a great retort- Stick to saving the world from aliens... I've lost so much respect for him, and the more I hear about him, the more of a kook I think he is...
  • kfelisky
    kfelisky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Technical Help from a transplanted American- most dvd players do not advertise the fact that they are multi-region but there is usually a way around it. Google your model and look for message boards. I usually take a look at Amazon first. Somebody usually has worked out the secret combination which turns what appears to be a single region dvd player into a multi-region one. It will often entail something like "with the disc tray open, press the code 817452 and then record" or something similar.

And then a whole new world of cheap dvds opens to you...

Worth a try!
  • mutkin
    Options

Thanks!

Yeppers Candy is right:flowerforyou: , a great way to start out until you decide if you want/can purchase the real deal later is soup cans, water jugs etc., all depending on the weight you want to use.:drinker:

Thanks. I appreciate the info!