12 week challenge (30 pound)

Options
annuthebest
annuthebest Posts: 26 Member
Hi everyone,

Preparing for Christmas and trying to lose 30 pounds till Christmas. I wanted to start this challenge so that we can support each other in this journey. Each week we will have weight check ins. I will post more details soon. Let me know if you guys are interested o

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,803 Member
    Options
    I'll join
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Unless you have like 75lbs plus to lose, then a 2.5lb loss per week is pretty steep, just sayin'! Something more sustainable, attainable and long term adherent might be more suitable than a crash loss....
  • Happylight1
    Happylight1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am In
  • lucinkaf1989
    lucinkaf1989 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in let's do this
  • Htabraiz
    Htabraiz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Unless you have like 75lbs plus to lose, then a 2.5lb loss per week is pretty steep, just sayin'! Something more sustainable, attainable and long term adherent might be more suitable than a crash loss....

I Completely agree. 30 pounds is 10 pounds every 4 weeks which is a bit much. However, any loss for me is a good thing. I'm sure I will not make that goal but I will still join to stay accountable. 30 pounds is all I have left to lose overall. I hope to do it by Valentine's Day, or maybe the week after. I would love to lose 1.5 lbs per week for a total of 18 pounds in 12 weeks. If my tailor-made goal is okay I would still love to join.
  • eddhurt
    eddhurt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes...count me in!
  • kbragdon1
    kbragdon1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in for 18 lbs by Christmas if that is ok.
  • vsoos
    vsoos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ll try
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Interested!!
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    Looking to lose 15 by Christmas though
  • annuthebest
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »

Yeah. I have more than 80lbs to lose lol :) but any loss is a great loss in a weight loss world :) . My next post should ask you guys about your starting weight and current weight and how much would you like to lose by Christmas

• brichardson1964
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge but like some of the others, I'm not sure I could achieve a 30 pound weight loss by Christmas. I've lost 8 pounds in 16 days but I know that sort of weight loss isn't sustainable for me personally. I'd like to lose a minimum of 15 pounds by Christmas but still count me in
  • mommacara82
    mommacara82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m in! Agree with the 2.5 LB/wk being too much for me personally but if I can customize it I am definitely in also!
  • annuthebest
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Preparing for Christmas and trying to lose 30 pounds till Christmas. I wanted to start this challenge so that we can support each other in this journey. Each week we will have weight check ins. I will post more details soon. Let me know if you guys are interested o

Hope everyone had a wonderful magical Christmas and I hope you all have an amazing new year too :)

Remember this is a friendly challenge … support and encourage each other
    Post as little or as often as you like and log your weight :)

Also bookmark the page so it’s easy for you to find - to bookmark the page, you’ll see at the top of the screen, on the right hand side of the. Title - there will be a little star, click on it and when it’s highlighted. It means you’ve saved the thread :)

Alter the dates to your weigh in day

Starting weight -231 lbs
    September starting weight - 210
    Current weight - 205.4
    December goal -177
    Ultimate goal - 140

Sept 25 -205.4
    Sept 30th -
    Oct 7th -
    Oct 14th-
    Oct 21st -
    Oct 31st-
    Nov 7th-
    Nov 14th-
    Nov 21st
    Nov 28th
    Dec 5th
    Dec 11th
    Dec 18th
    Dec 25th

Total loss for January -

Good luck everyone and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR :) x
  • SolanineNightshade
    Options
    Sounds like fun. It's a lofty goal, but anything is better than nothing!
  • KPlaunt
    KPlaunt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'd like to lose 15-20 by Christmas.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Crystal. I've lost 20 lbs on my journey so far, looking to lose 15-20 more. My calorie goal is set at 1200/day and I stay under every day, with an exception of a handful of days. Occasionally I eat back exercise calories but not very often. Right now my focus is to exercise daily and break my sugar cravings. Good luck :smile:

Starting weight -175 lbs (July 18th, 2018)
    September starting weight - 161
    Current weight - 155
    End of December goal - 140
    Ultimate goal - 130-135

Sept 25 -155
    Sept 30th -
    Oct 7th -
    Oct 14th -
    Oct 21st -
    Oct 31st -
    Nov 7th -
    Nov 14th -
    Nov 21st -
    Nov 28th -
    Dec 5th -
    Dec 11th -
    Dec 18th -
    Dec 25th -
  • deepwoodslady
    Options

Female 58 yrs old –My name is Donna 5’ 5” Midwest USA

WEIGHT LOSS IS NOT LINEAR.
    THIS MUCH I KNOW……..WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN.

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    September starting weight – 178.8
    Current weight – 175.2
    December goal by the end of December : 157.2 (18 pounds)
    Ultimate goal – 145

I will be weighing in on Tuesdays based on the challenge starting day. I will also weigh on or near the first and last day of each month for a monthly total. In December I will weigh on the morning of the 24th instead of the 25th. I will be experiencing lots of water bloating foods on Christmas Eve night with family which would only be temporary weight gain. I don’t want one night to undo the entire month’s stats. Besides, I will be waiting for Santa on the morn of the 25th and too busy to weigh as I listen for those sleigh bells.

My Stats:

Sept 25 - 175.2 Challenge Starting Weight Hefty 18 pound goal through the most challenging Food Smacked holidays in the USA. Okay. Let’s do this folks!
    Sept 30 –

September Weight Loss…………………………..

Oct 02-
    Oct 09 -
    Oct 16-
    Oct 23-
    Oct 30-

October Weight Loss………………………………..

Nov 01-
    Nov 06-
    Nov 13-
    Nov 20-