Apple Watch VS fit bit

Options
Erica9494
Erica9494 Posts: 6 Member
Hi friends, I’ve recently been debating upgrading my Fitbit or getting the Apple Watch, I wanted to get some opinions from people who have apple watches and from those in the Fitbit community! Thanks in advanced!

Replies

• pettoothfairy890
    Options
    I have both fit bit and Apple Watch four. The fit bit was excellent for what I need it for. But, I did keep needing to replace the wristband. As for the Apple Watch it does so many more things than the fit bit they’re not exactly in the same league.
    Kind regards
  • lytningbolts
    lytningbolts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Erica. I have an Apple Watch. I’ve had it for two years now. I love it to track my fitness activities. For me personally, I like that it looks nicer, more like a watch, than a fitness tracker. I work in an office and dress nice for work. I like that the watch band is dressier, the one I have is anyways. It does an amazing job tracking my heart rate and calorie burn during my workouts. I’ve never had any trouble with it. I also like all the other things I can do with it.

I had one of the older Fitbit models and it was ok. I didn’t like that it looked like I was wearing a workout tracker at work. I have an under desk elliptical at work. I like to track my calories on that and my steps every day. The Apple Watch has allowed me to do that more “stylishly” in an office environment. I never had any trouble with the Fitbit.

That being said, I liked both trackers and I don’t think there’s a wrong choice if you’re just looking to track your calories. Style and added functions is how the Apple Watch won me over.
  • Lawman7788
    Lawman7788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch Series 4! I like that you can share activity with friends and everything else. Wins hands down!
  • Lawman7788
    Options
    LOL. Awesome. (About the Apple part). Hope the back is ok.
    Applewatxh. I have 2 of them. I love the features and the functionality. And its beautiful.

I had a fitbit before too. Its too basic. I hated it

I would elaborate but i just pulled my back so im gonna pass out lol

Apple ftw!

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Fit bits tend to break after about a year or two. Apple Watches are way over priced for what they do. Get a garmin or something. You don't need to break the bank for an over glorified step counter.
  • Lawman7788
    Options
    lol. Clearly never used one. Its so much more than a step counter.
    cee134 wrote: »
    Fit bits tend to break after about a year or two. Apple Watches are way over priced for what they do. Get a garmin or something. You don't need to break the bank for an over glorified step counter.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Lawman7788 wrote: »
    lol. Clearly never used one. Its so much more than a step counter.
    cee134 wrote: »

I have used one, which is why I know it is a fancy step counter.
  • Lawman7788
    Options
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I agree with @cee134 -- I have a Garmin watch and love it. Some of their watches can be as much or more than Apple, but they also have some lower end ones that still have the ability to track heart rate, GPS, etc., and their Garmin Connect interface is phenomenal!
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've had the Fitbit One, Alta and Charge 2. I used them every day and they all performed really well. I was seriously considering getting the new Charge 3 as I wanted to use it for water aerobics. I thought the Charge 3 would have everything I wanted to use it for, but I ultimately purchased the new Apple 4 and I love it. The features are amazing. It's still pretty new to me, but I'm sure I'll discover new features regularly.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    I've had the Fitbit One, Alta and Charge 2. I used them every day and they all performed really well. I was seriously considering getting the new Charge 3 as I wanted to use it for water aerobics. I thought the Charge 3 would have everything I wanted to use it for, but I ultimately purchased the new Apple 4 and I love it. The features are amazing. It's still pretty new to me, but I'm sure I'll discover new features regularly.

Does it sync well with myfitnesspal? I'm thinking about getting one, but worry that it doesn't communicate with this site as well as fitbit does.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    How accurate do you guys find Apple watch’s ‘calories burned’? I have a series 2.