George Forman Grill?!

Options
There's this huge hype about George Forman Grills!! Anyone have it? What is your review on it? It seems like it'd be a great buy as to cooking chicken, salmon, turkey / veggie burgers in a quick matter of time too!

Replies

• spunkysuzi
    spunkysuzi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had one and wasn't impressed, however I just got a cuisinart griddler and I love it!
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i like it for burgers, but thats about it....
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    We have one and love it...especially when its the dead of winter and we don't want to be outside in 10" of snow for some grilled chicken lol. I would say though, if you get one, spring for the model with the removable plates...it'll make clean up a lot easier :smile:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I love my George!! I've only got a little one but it's enough to grill my chicken and steak on every couple of days. I haven't tried grilling veggies yet, but I hear they're pretty good too!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've got one, I had another but someone else opened the box and used it straight out of the box without any pre-seasoning (I MIGHT be thinking of the wrong product) and because they didn't prep it before use it was essentially ruined. Might have been what they cooked I didn't bother with it too long bought another one that I've loved, cooks stuff in about half the time since it's applying the heat from both sides at once.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would die with out it..... But I eat grilled chicken for 2 outta 3 meals a day. And just cooking for myself, it's super easy to just put one to cook on there, while I make my salad, and then it's all done about the same time and I didn't even have to think about it. It takes so much less time too, since it's cooking on both sides than on the stove top (the only other way I cook chicken). So yeah, I'm definitely a fan.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i use mine all the time. burgers, ham steak, regular steak, quesadillas(sp). i LOVE it! the way it's designed, it angles down the griddle so it drips out the grease and fat at the bottom, you get A LOT of fat gone then. so much healthier. i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mine!
  • Lexiehsub76
    Options
    I for one love mines I am on my third one LOL!!! You can grill just about anything and it drains the fat out of everything and you do'nt have to worry about your meat being dry!!! I Love it !!!!!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My George Forman Grill died on me. Can't wait to get another one.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love my grill pan from Ikea, use it just about every day. Haven't got a GF grill, but hubby swears by them, might get one someday.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    I had one and I loved it for letting some of the fat drip away. do yourself a favor and get the one with the removeable plate tho cuz they are a pain to clean.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    I had one and I loved it for letting some of the fat drip away. do yourself a favor and get the one with the removeable plate tho cuz they are a pain to clean.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

This. I love mine, but I hate cleaning it!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options

easiest way i have found to clean them, is have a spray bottle with water in it, or a wet paper towel, and RIGHT after you unplug it, put the wet paper town in between the the top and bottom. or just spray it with water. kinda steam cleans it!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    We have the one with the removable plates and love it. It cooks things much quicker than the oven or stovetop. We originally had one with non removable plates and it was hard to clean. This new one came with 2 grill plates and a griddle insert. It also has a timer, on/off switch, and temp control which a lot of the others don't have. I believe it was $97 at Wally World. It's awesome for the summer as I don't have to turn on the oven and heat up the house!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Depends. Do you have a family, or live alone? I am single, and the George Foreman grill is my one absolutely essential appliance. I use it more often than my microwave, seriously. Incredibly easy to just grill up a chicken breast or a burger for one person, and the cleanup is quick & easy too.
    I've grilled every kind of meat, chicken, fish or shrimp. Kabobs work great. Veggies too. One of my favorites is dipping fresh asparagus stalks in a batter made with egg, parmesan cheese & black pepper, then grilling them.

The one time I had people over for dinner, I did find it a bit difficult 'cause I couldn't fit more than 2 steaks at a time on the thing and we had 6 people. So I don't know if they make larger ones for families?

But, yes, if you're looking for a review, I give it five stars and two thumbs up.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i use mine all the time. burgers, ham steak, regular steak, quesadillas(sp). i LOVE it! the way it's designed, it angles down the griddle so it drips out the grease and fat at the bottom, you get A LOT of fat gone then. so much healthier. i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mine!

There different models! Which one do you have? I am excited to purchase!! :)
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Depends. Do you have a family, or live alone? I am single, and the George Foreman grill is my one absolutely essential appliance. I use it more often than my microwave, seriously. Incredibly easy to just grill up a chicken breast or a burger for one person, and the cleanup is quick & easy too.
    I've grilled every kind of meat, chicken, fish or shrimp. Kabobs work great. Veggies too. One of my favorites is dipping fresh asparagus stalks in a batter made with egg, parmesan cheese & black pepper, then grilling them.

The one time I had people over for dinner, I did find it a bit difficult 'cause I couldn't fit more than 2 steaks at a time on the thing and we had 6 people. So I don't know if they make larger ones for families?

But, yes, if you're looking for a review, I give it five stars and two thumbs up.

For single use only! :) Thanks so much for the review! Which George Forman grill do you have??
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Here is the one we have: http://www.walmart.com/ip/George-Foreman-100-sq-in-Control-Temp-Grill-and-Griddle/15034492

If you check out their website they have several that have the removeable plates and they look smaller for people that live alone. I like the one above as I can do 6 burgers on it at a time without smooshing them.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I have a full size george foreman grill for my patio and I just LOVE it - I grill at least once a week. it's easy to use & clean. I grill everything, even make grilled cheese on it