Looking for Weight Lifting Friends

Options
I am looking for a few friends that are into weight lifting. I am not a serious weight lifter but I have been lifting weights for about a year now and I am still trying to figure out a program that works for me and I am struggling on my form. I know that I am probably just being hard on myself but I really want to learn the proper form for some of the big lifts. I have lost some weight and gained some muscle but it's a long process and I am looking for some like minded friends. :D

Replies

• mjpenny99
    mjpenny99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You tube is your friend. Great advice on form and moves. :)
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I do use You Tube often for tips. Jeff C is one of my favorites! Thank you! :)
  • climberbry
    climberbry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YouTube is only half the equation. Video yourself for self-critique/comparison. You may get weird looks in the gym ;) But those of us who take form seriously will understand. Good for you for understanding the importance of form!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Options
    Maybe I should hire a spotter who could secretly video me while I am working out, lol!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want but I prefer a small group of good and supportive friends
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Add me for support @Italiana_xx79
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I lift too. I talk *kitten* and swear and rant tho so add me if you don't mind that kind of thing. Plus - the videoing thing - yes I video myself too to check that i'm going something right.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Options
    I am currently on the app and for some reason there is not an option to add a friend so I'll add you when I log on in the morning. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!😁
  • keto51
    keto51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me....I’m a retired firefighter in north Texas who lifts and does HIIT 😊