vegan snack/meals

Options
hnic76
hnic76 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 2018 in Food and Nutrition
i’ve recently went vegan and i’ve been mainly just eating pretty basic stuff like bananas, vegan chicken nuggets or like vegan beef over rice and just stuff that’s pretty easy but i already feel myself getting bored because i’m eating the same meals everyday because i don’t know what else to have! so i’m looking to see if any of you have any recepies you like, i don’t care if it’s not a quick 1 min prep time but i’m not looking for anything too crazy :) and if any of them include tofu that’d be great because i bought it and i have no clue what i’m going to do with it lol.. thank you in advance

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've found Pinterest to be a great source for vegan recipes. You can type in whatever you'd like to eat and then add "vegan" to the search term and get a bunch of great suggestions.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of different things. Here is my menu today, for example:

Breakfast: Savory oats with cauliflower, onion, jalapeno, and green bell pepper

Lunch: Spring mix salad with roasted broccoli and banana peppers, black bean and corn chili, lentil-walnut loaf

Dinner: BBQ seitan burger, some random vegetables (I get my CSA box this afternoon, so I'll be picking something from that)
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites when I was vegan was to make a big pot of chili (beans only, no meat obviously) on the weekend, then bring it for lunch during the week. I made black bean "meat" balls and made a "meat"ball sandwich that was pretty yummy (sorry, I do not have the recipe for that still). Potato, corn, and jalapeno soup. Garlicky broccoli and spaghetti squash (just leave out the Parmesan).
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    We used to make tofu tacos. Very easy!

First, chop your tofu into small cubes/pieces. Put the tofu in a bag with some water, olive oil and a packet of taco seasoning. Let it marinate for an hour.

Heat up a saucepan, and add a little olive oil, diced onion, diced green pepper and stewed tomato. When the peppers and onions are soft, add the tofu to the pan and cover with a lid for a couple minutes.

Put the tofu in tortillas, top with lettuce and avocado. Yum!
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Tofu is good with a lot of things. Just need to know how to make it so it fits the meal
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Falafels....lots and lots of falafels :)
  • fruoshea
    fruoshea Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Soups, "stews", curries, stir fries, lasagne, enchiladas, wraps... there is so much out there! Hurry the food up has some good recipes (some vegetarian but they're easy to make vegan): www.hurrythefoodup.com. Also Deliciously Ella - www.deliciouslyella.com - Minimalist Baker - www.minimalistbaker.com - and Healthy happy life - www.kblog.lunchboxbunch.com.

Now I know you wanted recipes but there are just too many so giving you some sites to browse instead and hope you don't hold it against me ;-)
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    On tofu: research the different types and how to prepare them. If it's the block stuff, you need to drain and press it :)

Some tips on the following webpage

https://www.delish.com/cooking/a1192/how-to-cook-tofu/

https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/02/vegan-experience-crispy-tofu-worth-eating-recipe.html

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Prepare-Tofu?amp=1