WineGlass Marathon (and Half Marathon)

Options
dewd2
dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
Who is running WineGlass next weekend? I know a few have mentioned it. I'll be running the marathon for the first time. I'm told it is a fast course and it looks like the weather is going to be cool.

Who's in? Maybe do a meet and greet at the expo on Saturday?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I’m running marine corps in 5 weeks
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I'm running the full marathon. Don't have a firm Saturday schedule, but I could get up for driving down early if I knew I could meet some online friends. I'll be wearing either GVH apparel (maroon or black), or perhaps a Boston celebration jacket.

I'm looking at a low res elevation chart, and it looks like the full marathon has a net loss of around 200 feet of altitude, with no significant uphill sections. Other runners who have run it tell me the down is very gentle, easy on the legs, with no significant hills. That makes it a favorite for BQ attempts by people around here.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Napa?
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Finish line in Corning, NY. Start line for marathon in Bath, NY; start line for half in Campbell, NY.

The theme is for Corning Glass Works and the NY Finger Lakes wine country.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ahh. Sounds like fun!
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bucket list event for me...run well!!!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I’ll be there for the full! It is my first marathon. I’ve been training on hills here in Ga, so I’m hoping that will help me be a little speedier on the course. I am also REALLY looking forward to cool weather. I’ve trained almost exclusively in 95+ temps.

I don’t think I’m available to meet on Saturday. I’m pretty sure I’ll pick up my packet on Friday, and then I think hubby’s family is taking us to the Grape Festival in Naples on Saturday. But I’ll let you know if it changes!
  • dewd2
    Options
    I’ll be there for the full! It is my first marathon. I’ve been training on hills here in Ga, so I’m hoping that will help me be a little speedier on the course. I am also REALLY looking forward to cool weather. I’ve trained almost exclusively in 95+ temps.

I don’t think I’m available to meet on Saturday. I’m pretty sure I’ll pick up my packet on Friday, and then I think hubby’s family is taking us to the Grape Festival in Naples on Saturday. But I’ll let you know if it changes!

Forecast has temps in the 50's at the start. Your body won't know what to do. :D

Good luck.
  • dewd2
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    I'm running the full marathon. Don't have a firm Saturday schedule, but I could get up for driving down early if I knew I could meet some online friends. I'll be wearing either GVH apparel (maroon or black), or perhaps a Boston celebration jacket.

I'm looking at a low res elevation chart, and it looks like the full marathon has a net loss of around 200 feet of altitude, with no significant uphill sections. Other runners who have run it tell me the down is very gentle, easy on the legs, with no significant hills. That makes it a favorite for BQ attempts by people around here.

I will post something here on Friday night once I figure out what I am doing (and when). I anticipate being at the expo sometime close to lunch so I can find some local carbs. :D
  • dewd2
    Options
    Also, we're bringing more than 25 runners from Harrisburg so I'll have to meet with them for pictures as well.

I'll be glad when Sunday comes and all I have to do is run a marathon. :D:D:D
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Meee!!!! It’s my first marathon too. I also have been training in 90+ humid gross degrees and was mad yesterday when accuweather showed temps for the race to be 60’s and 70’s. I’m SO happy to see that it’s back to a forecast of the 50’s as of today.

I’ll be arriving sometime Saturday and could likely do a meetup.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That is a fun marathon. They do it right.