I need to loose 20lbs!

Options
I heard about this ap through one of my favorite YouTube’s that had helped her a lot through her journey so I’d thought I revisit it. I’ve been struggling for almost 5 years trying to loose weight due to always being in school and work but lately I haven’t been feeling like myself. I’m determined to change this

Replies

• R1c0f1t
    R1c0f1t Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Time restricted eating along with portion control?? I have been doing that and I have lost almost 20lbs in a matter of 3 to 4 months now..
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @Valeriaolveraa you can add me for support
  • brookelouise22
    brookelouise22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support to girl im trying to lose the same
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I’m here too! I’ve had success before and having a hard time getting back to it after baby-but no excuses-I have to get my head straight and realize we can do it! I have the same to lose, I just want my pants to fit!
  • katebreaux
    katebreaux Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Y'all can add me! I am looking for fitness pal friends
  • lytningbolts
    lytningbolts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I had success using the app about six years ago. Life came along and I admit that I made poor food choices, snacks and stress ate, and didn’t do my workouts consistently. The result was gaining 15 lbs. So we have all been where you are. We are definitely here to help support you and each other on this journey to a healthier lifestyle. You got this!
  • kkmartin9
    kkmartin9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! Looking for support! My main problem is diet and putting myself first. I work, wife and mom. Want to loose 20lbs!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    barberz83 wrote: »
    You can add me for support, advice or to compare as you like. I would suggest starting with breaking that 20lb goal maybe into 2 or even 4 goals of either two 10lb goals or 4 different 5lb goals if will he’ll keep you motivated as you accomplish each goal and keep your spirits up about continuing, but most important thing get rid of sugar and make sure you put everything in this app that you put in your mouth to hold your self accountable.

Why do you need to get rid of sugar? I and many others continue to indulge treats whilst losing weight.

Weight loss is about a consistent calorie deficit.

To the OP and others looking to lose the same amount of weights, drastic solutions often result in regain.

Set yourself to 0.5-1lbs loss per week, get a food scale and log your food accurately, be patient, when you have that little to lose it's slow going, trying to lose at a faster pace than that will increase your likelihood of losing muscle along with the fat.

Ease yourself into it, log your normal intake for a couple of days and see where you are truly taking in unnecessary calories and make small changes to trim back a little.

• tommy619
    tommy619 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated and disciplined. You can do it!👍
  • barberz83
    barberz83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 I only suggested cutting out sugar because that’s what made the biggest difference for me with weight loss and I’m down 105lbs, results speak for themselves.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 I only suggested cutting out sugar because that’s what made the biggest difference for me with weight loss and I’m down 105lbs, results speak for themselves.

Great that it worked for you, but it's not necessary (it's just how you have created your calorie deficit) and certainly isn't the most important thing the OP needs to focus on as you suggest
  • barberz83
    barberz83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 well it’s the most important thing to me and what has worked for me so that’s why I offered my opinion whether you think it’s most important or not doesn’t mean you need to try and prove how your right, it is ok to differ in opinions.
  • StaymotivatedKatie
    Options
    looking for new friends just created a account would love to have friends
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 well it’s the most important thing to me and what has worked for me so that’s why I offered my opinion whether you think it’s most important or not doesn’t mean you need to try and prove how your right, it is ok to differ in opinions.

@barberz83 I'm not trying to prove anything, just stating facts, that doesn't mean the hard work that you put is discounted (congratulations on your loss by the way) but quite a lot of people fail at weight loss because they over-complicate it because they don't understand how it works, cutting out foods that they could enjoy in moderation whilst losing weight, so I am just making OP (and the many lurkers in the forums) aware that cutting out sugar is not necessary for weight loss.

It's about fact not opinion. You stated it was the most important thing that the OP can do, which isn't true, maybe it could just be worded better. Weight loss is down to Calorie Deficit regardless of whether that comes from cutting out sugar, eating smaller portions of what you eat already, exercising more or doing crazy fad diets.

• NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you sista!! I'd love to lose 20 lbs by my birthday 12/8.
    I'm combining low carb with a weight watchers mentality. (my own little thing)
    So Weight Watchers allows you all these no point foods... Mostly, eggs, veggies and fruit.
    My plan is basically (M-F): 1350 calories approx.
    2 hard boiled eggs
    Raw veggies/fruits throughout the day
    Salads for lunch (I purchase pre-packaged salads)
    Dinner is either cheerios or meat and a veggie.
    Snacks are either more fruits or veggies, half a of a peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread
    Peanuts or almonds or a chocolate protein shake.
    Weekends I may have a slice of whole grain toast for breakfast and just watch what I eat throughout the day.
    Weekends to me are less structured, so I have to find a good balance.
    I'm also going to limit alcohol and cut out unless at an event.

These are the things I'm trying.
    I ALSO plan to get to the gym 3x a week. I want to do weights and some cardio.

To everyone saying why cut out sugar, most sugars just aren't necessary... and aren't really good for you anyway... so if I'm going to do some sugars, I'll do them on a weekend or just a little bit because it's what I want.
    I also see SUCH a difference in my stomach bloat after 2 weeks of not much carbs. I feel so much better.
    To each their own...

I say pick something, anything, and stick to it.
    If you want to friend me please feel free.
  • teristwin
    teristwin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m also trying to lose 20. It’s been a struggle. I used to have the best self control. Not anymore!! Uggggh. Please add me too everyone!!! I need the support and I want to help support others.
  • 1chuy
    1chuy Posts: 96 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Valeriaolveraa a correr 🏃🏻‍♀️ lol y comer saludable!!