2 Stomachs! YIKES!

Anyone else have (or have had) the 2 stomach issue? I call the top one my "upper belly" and the bottom one my "lower belly". It's disgusting and I hate it! :sick:

How can I get rid of it? Any good exercises for that? I'd like to have just one belly again... :frown:

Replies

• Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Oh, I hear you! I have the same issue! Actually, as I've lost weight it's gotten worse! So I will definitely be watching this thread!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    bump
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    This is the exact reason I could wear a 3 piece bathing suit!!
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Im new to this whole exercising thing but reverse crunches work wonders on the lower stomach, Maybe try some of those?
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    I know this sounds horrible, but the more weight you lose they will start to blend together. Just keep up the good work!!
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Look up stomach crunches on google! There are great excercises you can to with a medicine ball or excercise ball!
    Ande when you are doing all other excercises pull your stomach to your spine (contract your stomach)
    Hope that helps!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    This is the exact reason I could wear a 3 piece bathing suit!!

:laugh: 3 piece bathing suit... cracks me up! Totally hear ya!!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    I hate to break it to you but fat loss is the only way it's leaving. There are no "spot reducing" exercises. Eat well, get plenty of cardio in, and strength train. It will eventually go away. It may get uglier (i.e. looser, floppier, saggier) before it gets better but it will get better. :flowerforyou:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    yup.
  • Im new to this whole exercising thing but reverse crunches work wonders on the lower stomach, Maybe try some of those?

what the hell are those? they sound so ergh... i shivered reading that lol
  • You just need to keep losing weight and eventually they will disappear.
  • Steph70508
    Steph70508 Posts: 110
    I hate to break it to you but fat loss is the only way it's leaving. There are no "spot reducing" exercises. Eat well, get plenty of cardio in, and strength train. It will eventually go away. It may get uglier (i.e. looser, floppier, saggier) before it gets better but it will get better. :flowerforyou:

What she said...
  • you need to be doing cardio and strength training. I just finished my 30 day shred and my belly has undergone a HUGE transformation. Firming the muscles while burning away the fat will change they appearance of all your body, but for me, the biggest change was my stomach :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I have read that eating clean while doing cardio and strength training is the best way to lose belly fat. I wish I could say that I was eating clean, but I am trying to get there! Anyhow, I just realized the other day that I've lost enough belly fat for the double belly to have decreased and blend together!
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    YES! I believe the medical term for it is panniculus and my doctor said that it's the last part of the body to lose fat but I do believe it might just droop more when you lose the weight =(
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    I want to start off by saying, a person can't spot reduce, but they can spot tone an area. That's why they have so many workouts that targets certain body parts. For example: Brazilian Butt Lift, it's designed to target/spot tone the butt area.

The second thing I want to say is that strength training doesn't always mean lifting weights. Crunches and sit ups for the abs are a form of strength training. You are strengthening your abs.

Eating healthy, and yes, healthy includes eating anything you like in moderation and in portion control. At least that's my version of healthy. I don't and I won't deprive my body of anything that I want. The best way to eat in my book for myself is to follow the food pyramid, eat in moderation and portion control. If I want a snickers, I can include a mini one or two into my daily calories. There's a reason why mini size things were made. Drink water. Water plays an important part in losing weight. I don't focus on losing scale weight. I focus on losing body fat percentage/pounds of fat. Fat loss and scale weight loss aren't the same thing. I could lose scale weight and have not lost lost pounds of fat.

Cardio helps burn the fat. All strength training helps build muscles. I am a big fan of Tae Bo, it's my number one workout. Billy has Abs workout that will whip a person's abs in shape. Of course, food plays an important part in getting the abs in shape. You don't just want to strength the aims, but you want to slim the waist too and Billy knows shows you how.

You can go to Youtube and type Tae Bo Abs and even Tae Bo Insane Abs and see the workouts that Billy has to work the abs.

Billy lets it be known in his videos that abs starts in the kitchen. He's not the only instructor that lets that be known in their workouts. I've taken their eating in the kitchen to the next level by saying, a healthy body starts in the kitchen.

Remember that a person can strength train all they way, but if they don't do cardio, all they are doing is building muscle under fat.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    It is so funny that you posted this. I was just looking at myself in the mirror today trying to see if anything else is changing on my body. Every once in a while you notice something is starting to change. I'm noticing mine is still there, (and the poor bottom is so ruined from the c-section) BUT it is getting looser and saggier (for lack of better words) it is starting to look more and more like loose skin and not just two big rolls of fat! LOL I'll take sag and skin over fat any day! I still have a long way to go though.
  • datxdiva
    datxdiva Posts: 22 Member
    This is the first year in some time I have not worn a firming tank under my tops to camouflage the "2 stomachs'. Its too dang hot here, 100+ every day and I cant take extra clothing right now. My waist has gotten smaller with weight loss but my top stomach will not budge, smh. So I can wear a 16 in pants now but my tops are still 2x!
  • I want to start off by saying, a person can't spot reduce, but they can spot tone an area. That's why they have so many workouts that targets certain body parts. For example: Brazilian Butt Lift, it's designed to target/spot tone the butt area.

. . .

Remember that a person can strength train all they way, but if they don't do cardio, all they are doing is building muscle under fat.

Your first and last statements are really the most important here. You can tone the muscles to get a better appearance, but if they're covered by fat, you can't see it.