Im new

Hello. Needing to lose 80 lbs and get healthier. Don't know where to start.

Replies

• Km57
    Km57 Posts: 6 Member
    This is a good place to start. You can do it!
  • robynbaeza
    robynbaeza Posts: 2 Member
    In nervous and don't know how to eat anymore.
    I want to love what I see in the mirror
  • Tucsonwoman
    Tucsonwoman Posts: 38 Member
    Hey there, you can do this!! My son lost 106lbs over 8 months last year by using this app. I lost 62lbs a few years ago by using this app also. I recently gained 30lbs back after the death of my boyfriend but I’m back at it. Start small, example...cut back 1 soda a day for a few days then make another change. Park your car far away from the store etc. Little changes will add up! Stay at it! Ask your doctor for information on the different food groups etc. He will be happy to help you learn how to change your food habits.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    MFP suggested a certain amount of calories for you to lose weight, safely and effectively, when you signed up. You got a food diary and access to a large food database. If you hit your calorie target daily, over time, you lose weight. You decide when and what to eat, and whether to stick to your calorie goal or not.
  • You can do this. Track your food (a food scale is a great investment). Don't eat too little either - you need to fuel your body. Lean meats (if you're not vegetarian), veggies and fruits, with moderate amounts of fat is a great place to start. Explore what works for you. Move when you can - do something you like to do. Feel free to add!
  • alesiasmith8269
    alesiasmith8269 Posts: 24 Member
    We can do it. Lets try hard and stay focused.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    We can do it. Lets try hard and stay focused.
    Don't try hard, work smart. Have a good plan and stick to it.
  • 9DLSpades
    9DLSpades Posts: 14 Member
    This will help you calculate your daily requirements: https://tdeecalculator.net/