Winter is Coming, batten down the hatches.

We all know what winter means....

short days. long nights, where you can just EAT.............

Lets take each month, and get through it.

Nearly at the end of September, autumn walks have been great for me! what's been your saviour?

When we get into a new month, we'll look at what we can do then to help with the dark nights and boredom.

join me this winter and lets get through to the SPRING without too much baggage. Remember its 14 weeks to Christmas and that little black dress:)

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Actually, we're about 3 weeks into spring now. :)

And DST starts next weekend. Woo-Hoo!! Should be DST all year round. :):) But until everyone gets on board with that, I can hardly wait till next weekend. Then there will be lots of evening walks to the beach. :)
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Yeah, winter is a tough one...looking forward to being in bed early with a book and a cup of tea (and not so much out late over drinks) I guess?
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    I suppose its all according where you live in the world, as I'm in the United Kingdom winter is defiantly coming.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Australia here!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Winter is hard. Winters where I live are usually fairly mild compared to the more northern states and the cold snaps are usually shorter, but the decrease in daylight hours is hard for me. I wish it could be DST all year long. Unfortunately, nobody important enough to have that changed for me cares what I think 😩😂...
    I do like the extra time I get to spend with the kids during the cold months (I work for a school so can be home with them during all their holiday breaks from school). Also the decreased daylight makes for optimal netflix binging conditions. So I guess it isn't all bad.
  • Fall is fun because it's easier to run outside and I like the Halloween decorations. January and February are brutal. I just want to cozy up, eat, and drink. Trying to find new ways to get out when it's cold - new activities, like ice skating. I'm going to hang up a "motivating dress" for something to shoot for - so over the winter I can see what I want to wear in the spring. I've already done this for Christmas - I have a dress picked out that I see every day.
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Its cold in Britain, in the winter ans sometimes in the summer too.